StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Dyno Room
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

got it dynoed today

well to start off I have been one lucky sucker found out what I was expecting I was running bad lean and I mean Lean in a bad way. Had my fuel pressure set at 30 psi well one the first pull on motor it went to 15 to 1 air fuel ratio.So can you amagine what it did on the bottle. He stopped the pass and said we have to fatten it up or else made about 8 or 9 pulls including on the bottle. The HP was not near as high as I thought HP was 347.0 but torque was awsome it was 477.9 thats what I'm talking about Now all I need to do is get the HPPPPPPPPPPPP up now taking suggestion come on I know ya have some please
Old 03-19-2006, 02:44 AM   #2
Scothew
Censored Jihad

Send a message via AIM to Scothew Send a message via MSN to Scothew
Re: got it dynoed today

Do you have a tune in the car or just the FPR? Also I probably missed it, but what kinda setup are you running?

My 96 cobra on a 100 shot running WAAAAY rich (like below 10.0:1 afr) put 354/428 down at walker. I never got to redyno it after i got the right fuel pill in, but the butt dyno said it was making alot more than 350rwhp. Doug904 of Bamachips.com did all the tuning for my car.

.... Practice.
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

30 psi is way to low fuel pressure for any mustang. Base fuel press should be at 39 or so with the vacuum line off. Then use the nitrous fuel jets to lean or fatten as necessary on the juice.
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew
Do you have a tune in the car or just the FPR? Also I probably missed it, but what kinda setup are you running?

My 96 cobra on a 100 shot running WAAAAY rich (like below 10.0:1 afr) put 354/428 down at walker. I never got to redyno it after i got the right fuel pill in, but the butt dyno said it was making alot more than 350rwhp. Doug904 of Bamachips.com did all the tuning for my car.

no tune yet still factory. I'm needing to do some miner changes to my exhaust I have BBK LTH, X PIPE and BULLETS=going to change the bullets out before FFW. I also have BBK Under Drive Pullies and 410 gears and a 150 dry shot + a good tranny
Old 03-19-2006, 07:43 AM   #5
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
30 psi is way to low fuel pressure for any mustang. Base fuel press should be at 39 or so with the vacuum line off. Then use the nitrous fuel jets to lean or fatten as necessary on the juice.

I'm sorry I was talking with the vaccum on with it off it was 37 but it was realy lean I'm running a dry kit
Old 03-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #6
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

was the fuelpress not shooting up while the nitrous was on? The dry kits I have seen wll shoot the fp up to around 80 psi when the juice is flowing
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:59 AM   #7
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

I guess it was we never made a pass on the bottle until we adjusted the fuel pressure. I installed a NOS boosta pump that came with the kit and Ron at the dyno suggested that I wire it to the switch so it doesn't run fat on motor and when NOS is armed the pump will activate. I had it wired straight to the factory wires to the in tank pump so it was on all the time. I guess I had it all choked down