StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

cc plates ???????????

I just installed a set of A arms on my coupe it had svo a-arms and it had my front end out real bad well now that I installed the right ones my tires at the top are out more than the bottom my ? is what do I need to do to adj my cc plates I have never messed with any cc plates before so I'm lost any help would be appreciated
Old 10-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

More info! What car? What SVO A-Arms (Part #)? What replacement arms (Part #)? Has the car been wrecked? Does it have the Ford Crash bolts installed? Does it have the factory CC plates?

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
coupe
Super Moderator

hmm. sounds almost like you have the wrong spindle on there (angle of the strut towards the tower. The SVO spindles were different. Are they still on there?

It may also have a mis-matched strut for the application. Not sure what the setup is. Like Sendero said: more info please
Old 10-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

its on a 89 coupe and the guy I got the car from said it had svo spindles and a arms on it well after I installed the a-arms the ball joint on the a-arm when installed to spindle just slids on there with no resistance and then installed the nut all the way down untill it bottomed out but the a-arm is not tight if you put a jack under the a-arm and jack it up the a-arm raises up about an inch or so but the nut is already bottomed out.The ball joint shaft the part that goes through the spindle is not large enough so I believe I will have to change spindles now.I know people use spindles off other cars but I dont know what cars will work so if you know let me know please
Old 10-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #5
coupe
Super Moderator

Yea. Like I suspected, you have SVO spindles. not compatible with the regular Fox A-arm & ball-joint. SVO setups are one-of-a-kind.

Best bet is to go all SN95 up front. The width is good and the geometry works.

If you must keep the fox arms and stuff, go with an aftermarket front brake conversion like aerospace, strange, wilwood, baer, etc. and use the regular fox arms & spindles. AJE has some sweet drop-spindles for a fox so the car sits low with factory spring heigth. nice.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

so if I go with a sn95 set up will I be able to use the a-arms I bought on that set up also does it matter if its a gt or a v6 car that I get the spindles off of thanks

Last edited by 97cobrasvt; 10-26-2006 at 03:56 PM.
97cobrasvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobrasvt View Post
so if I go with a sn95 set up will I be able to use the a-arms I bought on that set up also does it matter if its a gt or a v6 car that I get the spindles off of thanks
Correct. You can even use the 99+ PBR Calipers from the GT with a small modification via a dremel tool.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
hevymtl
Beach Bum

Just take the car back where you got it!
hevymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:21 AM   #9
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

thanks for all ya's help
Old 10-27-2006, 03:23 AM   #10
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevymtl View Post
Just take the car back where you got it!
Hey you can kiss my fat