StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Wheel Locks

I have lost my wheel lock for the '95, I have hit two of the three Ford dealers in the area, and in the master kit, the one that I need is always rounded off.
I was told at both Ford dealers that the Mustangs generally always use the same one.

I will post a pic of what I have (when I figure out how to down size it), but was wondering if there is anyone in the area (Hoover) that has a 94-98 wheel lock from Ford that I could try.

Thanks
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Craig, install the Picture Resizer Powertoy from MS. Click here to download it. It allows you to right click and resize and picture, 800x600 normally fits under our size restrictions just fine.

If you are looking for the "key", it usually has to be ordered from FMS.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero View Post
Craig, install the Picture Resizer Powertoy from MS. Click here to download it. It allows you to right click and resize and picture, 800x600 normally fits under our size restrictions just fine.

If you are looking for the "key", it usually has to be ordered from FMS.
Thanks Nathan, I will do the download and post later tonight.

I amn trying to not have to order a key, since I won't use these things, and I have to get tires put on ASAP.

The dealers have full sets, it's just hard finding one that hasn't been damaged by a tech using the thing with a impact gun.
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
bill302

ok i have removed these types of lugs before when my stepson keelay lost my wheel lock key...what you have to do is grab your socket set and find a socket (i don't know the exact size) one size smaller than the lug but not too small in diameter check both standard and metric believe me one will fit with the assistance of a hammer. you will need to hammer it on the lug the inside of the socket will cut grooves into the lug then use your ratchet to remove it....use your cheap or lifetime warranty sockets so it won't cost alot to replace because you may ruin the socket taking all 4 of them off...but i have removed all 4 with the same socket before without ruining the socket before, depends how tight the lug is on....goodluck repost results...

1995 GT,TKO500,cobra intake,pro5.0 shifter,King Cobra Clutch,Compucar n2o wetkit,BBK underdrive pulleys,custom x pipe,flowmasters,2.5" exhaust,3"chrometips,Hooker shortys,chrome Cobra R rims w/ 05 spinners,PBR double piston calipers,aluminum driveshaft,MSD coil,Accel wires,K&N filter,CAI,3.73 gears.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138402
bill302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

We have sockets at work that have reversed threads in them that bite into a lug nut to take them off. Believe you can get them from matco or snap on
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Thanks for the suggestions, today after work I stopped by Town and Country and they let me use there master key set, found the one I needed and removed them.
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #7
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

The best place for those wheel locks and keys is in the garbage.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote