Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #41
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Re: Temp question (Topic Split)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynotnr
. . . perhaps this could be the root of the Tweecer problem we were having on the black Cobra and white coupe. Even though we are monitering AFR @ WOT on the dyno, if the computer is still "counting down" to its CL switch-over point, it may be affecting the AFR on our pulls.
I believe we actually talked about this that day and we had both cars do a couple of back-to-back pulls that would've allowed plenty of time to be out of the "cold start" time parameter.

I haven't exactly found my problem yet, but I just put some 24# injectors in to see if it clears up my low RPM WOT lean condition. So far it looks good, but I haven't gotten the MAF curve dialed in yet for the new injectors.... I guess we'll see how it goes after I get it street tuned.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #42
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynotnr
If the transfer to CL is, indeed, time based (though I have always thought it to be switched by coolant temp) perhaps this could be the root of the Tweecer problem we were having on the black Cobra and white coupe.
Remember Blake.....the same thing happened to my 94 Cobra Vert later that day with the TwEECer...you might be on to something.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #43
93Cobra#2771
The Kocky One

I think (don't quote me here) that 94+ cars are based on properly heated/switching O2's. In fact, they can switch to CL in a few seconds, from what I understand. I'm a little muddy, though, if that is 94+ or 96+...

The A9L OL to CL uses time as it's final factor. In other words, it won't go any longer than X seconds before the switch, but it doesn't HAVE to go X seconds. It can switch earlier than that...

Kocky will be back!

93Cobra#2771 is offline   Reply With Quote