StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #11
coupe
Super Moderator

Re: Project junkyard *DUW*

Many people dismiss them, but I love the red seats & dash.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
joker
Friends

I really dont prefer red interior, but at the same time it doesnt bother me as much as it evidently does some people
joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #13
joker
Friends

one last pic, engine is technically complete now, just has an electrical issue. Possibly from where I had to splice into the dash harness in a few places.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:19 AM   #14
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

congrats on the work Joker
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #15
joker
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
congrats on the work Joker
Thanks, it has definiltey been a learning expierience. I know some people here dont like Paul and Jason at SVP so I hesitate to mention it here, but I couldnt have done it without them answering a million and one questions for me and letting me use the shop and tools. Jason put the gas tank and fuel lines in for me, and has taken a good bit of his personal time helping me troubleshoot this electrical issue. Other than that I have done all of the wiring and mechanical work on the car, with my wife helping with some of the tear down.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:50 AM   #16
coupe
Super Moderator

That's a nice car Joker. What's the next steps/mods?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #17
joker
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe
That's a nice car Joker. What's the next steps/mods?
No plans really. Right now my only goal is to have it move under it's own power. I dont see that happening any time soon though.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #18
88 Sleeper Coupe

Just a heads up.. this is now my car.. and a lot more modifications have taken place...

Aluminum crank and water pulley, built rear-end with 3.55 gear fully shimmed for full time posi.

X2c upper and lower control arms

Exhaust modifications and now dumped before the axle.

New MSD box, Mass Air Programmer solenoids mounted and everything for nitrous minus the throttle switch, removed power steering, almost fully gutted.

Got an 84 style cowl at the house and converting the front end to the older quad headlight. Also buying weld drag lights 15x8 and 15x3.5 new week with already mounted brand new MT ET Streets and name brand skinnies.

When I bought the car from Joker on a stock 2.73 rear-gear on slicks not only did it bog and do complete shit off the line it still went 9.0 at 78. Shooting for 8.6's on motor now with new rear-end setup and weight reduction.

Plans: GT40 heads, explorer upper and lower or cobra upper and lower. Porting the GT40's and probably a cam upgrade.. a long with finishing the nitrous install and painting the car acrylic satin black.
88 Sleeper Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #19
88 Sleeper Coupe

P.S. New steering column with tilt now since someone tried to steal the car two weeks ago when I was out in knoxville. Joker did a good job on the car but I am going to have to go back through some of the wiring. Car is being torn down and the motors being removed this winter for the rebuild. Going to repaint the block and heads black and water pump maybe ceramic looking a long with repainting the valve covers if nec. and the intake. Going to clean up the engine bay A LOT and make it a very nice presentable car.
88 Sleeper Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #20
joker
Friends

Welcome to the forums Cody. By the way, the sliced up dash harness was replaced after I posted here. You will probably want to put a new tail harness in it though. That fuel pump was new that burned up on you, so I suspect that there is a short or bad ground somewhere.