StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review

Old 07-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
UA2k1GT

Air Alabama (Hot Air Balloon Rides)

This past Friday Sarah and I went on a hot air balloon ride for the heck of it, just to do something different before I leave. It is run by Air Alabama (www.airalabama.com) and was really fun.

Granted it is a bit expensive, but worth it IMO, and it is actually about the going rate around the country from what I found.

The highest we flew was about 1,700 ft. above the surface, and only floated about 6 to 7 mph. You don't really feel any movement unless you move around the basket. Sarah gets motion sickness easily and didn't have a problem with this flight.

We did a morning flight, and I am glad we did because the heat from the burner would've made it too hot to fly in the afternoon. The flight lasted just over one hour.

This is apparently the only company in the B'ham area that does rides, though the pilot said N. Alabama has five or six different companies.

Anyhow, it was a neat experience and something for people to maybe look into doing for something different.
UA2k1GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
beerformeplz

Re: Air Alabama (Hot Air Balloon Rides)

How much was it?
Old 07-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
UA2k1GT

$200/person
Old 07-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

sounds cool.

Leaving? Are you going somewhere?
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #5
UA2k1GT

I leave for Basic training at Ft. Benning, GA a week from tomorrow for 10 weeks, and I'll stay there for an additional 14 weeks for OCS.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:59 AM   #6
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA2k1GT
I leave for Basic training at Ft. Benning, GA a week from tomorrow for 10 weeks, and I'll stay there for an additional 14 weeks for OCS.
oh ok. What branch of service are you going into? Army?
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
UA2k1GT

Yes, active duty army.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #8
great

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA2k1GT View Post
This past Friday Sarah and I went on a hot air balloon ride for the heck of it, just to do something different before I leave. It is run by Air Alabama (www.airalabama.com) and was really fun.

Granted it is a bit expensive, but worth it IMO, and it is actually about the going rate around the country from what I found.

The highest we flew was about 1,700 ft. above the surface, and only floated about 6 to 7 mph. You don't really feel any movement unless you move around the basket. Sarah gets motion sickness easily and didn't have a problem with this flight.

We did a morning flight, and I am glad we did because the heat from the burner would've made it too hot to fly in the afternoon. The flight lasted just over one hour.

This is apparently the only company in the B'ham area that does rides, though the pilot said N. Alabama has five or six different companies.

Anyhow, it was a neat experience and something for people to maybe look into doing for something different.
I want to do something different but I didn't have the time(at least this is how I delude my self). Now you gave me the courage to do it. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
natedawgg94

What MOS? I had my basic there years ago you'll have a blast lol..... best of luck to ya. Infantry all the way ..........

1994 Cobra Pace Car #365 of 1000 light mods

1994 mustang GT 3.55's, 331 stroker, 75mm tb, 75mm maf, mac h pipe SOLD (ole yella u will be missed ((>>.

Rubbing Is Racing
natedawgg94 is offline   Reply With Quote