StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review

Old 09-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
joker
Friends

I have never had a problem with UPS either. For the past two years, I probably received on average 30 to 50 packages per week at my house. They always leave stuff on my back porch, out of the weather. Dhl has been the same way. None of the companies we bought from used fedex though.
joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Holy old thread batman. I like ups though
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #13
rj95svt

I know this is a old thread but I bought Bassani catback over the internet for a classified that was shipped ups. The tailpipes arrived damaged and the tips were dented and flattened.

I filed a damage claim with ups and just over a month later they finally cut a check for the damage but they gave it to the guy I bought the parts from????????? I am the one that filed the claim and spent countless hours dealing with them over this. Not only that but they cut a check for just 100.00+ shipping costs. The tailpipes cost 350 new from bassani and this is for the non stainless tailpipes. I can't get anywhere near replacing them for 100.00.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!! if you ever ship or buy a used item shipped ups. It doesn't matter how much you insure the parts for if you do not have a reciept where you bought the items new they only have to give you 100.00 dollars. Even if you can prove the value of the items they will not give you more than 100 without a reciept where you paid more than that for the items NEW. They also will not issue a check to the person that recieves the damaged items. This is exactly what ups told me over the phone when I told them I could not get more tailpipes that would fit the bassani catback for anywhere near that price.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
TheJeanyus
Administrator

When you file a claim the money always goes to the sender. That's the way it works.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #15
rj95svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post
When you file a claim the money always goes to the sender. That's the way it works.
That is the case but I wasn't told that at all when I was making the claim. They was dealing with me for a month and I didn't even know they cut a check till a week afterward when I called to check on it. The person I bought this from didn't let me know either and as of right now I haven't gotten anything yet nor am I sure that I will. I am still trying to contact the seller to see if he is gonna give me the money for this or not.

I don't think the sender should get the money because he doesn't have to give me anything and I am the one with the damaged package.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
BLOWN95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95svt View Post
I know this is a old thread but I bought Bassani catback over the internet for a classified that was shipped ups. The tailpipes arrived damaged and the tips were dented and flattened.

I filed a damage claim with ups and just over a month later they finally cut a check for the damage but they gave it to the guy I bought the parts from????????? I am the one that filed the claim and spent countless hours dealing with them over this. Not only that but they cut a check for just 100.00+ shipping costs. The tailpipes cost 350 new from bassani and this is for the non stainless tailpipes. I can't get anywhere near replacing them for 100.00.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!! if you ever ship or buy a used item shipped ups. It doesn't matter how much you insure the parts for if you do not have a reciept where you bought the items new they only have to give you 100.00 dollars. Even if you can prove the value of the items they will not give you more than 100 without a reciept where you paid more than that for the items NEW. They also will not issue a check to the person that recieves the damaged items. This is exactly what ups told me over the phone when I told them I could not get more tailpipes that would fit the bassani catback for anywhere near that price.
The reason the check was only for $100 is any time you ship a package by ups you automaticly get $100 insurance for free. You have to pay for the extra insurance. I have never had a problem with either ups or fedex.
BLOWN95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
stangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95svt View Post

I ship items via UPS. You can get your money for used parts, if you can prove what it sold for and what its worth. As a seller UPS is one of the most expensive shippers that I use even with a discount. The reason the seller gets the check is the contract is with the shipper not the buyer. I have to deposit the check and issue a business check or ship another part. If extra insurance is not purchased you are SOL!! Oh a buyer can't file a claim. The buyer can only request a claim, but the seller has to file the claim.
stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
rj95svt

UPS Customer service actually told me about them being liable only for one hundred dollars even if insurance is purchased for more unless you have a new original invoice. They didn't care at all how much I paid. I actually copied a email from Bassani with the cost of replacement tailpipes. They told me none of that mattered and would not have mattered even if there was insurance purchased. I don't know if I just talked to a liar customer service rep or what but that is exactly what he told me.

BTW the seller never dealt with ups over this until they issued a check for the claim. He went and picked up the check after they called him and never even called me. The only thing he knew was that the tailpipes arrived damaged and that I called ups about it. He then said they only gave him money for shipping and ups told me they issued a check for 136 dollars.

I know now that the policy for ups is to issue the check for the shipper not the person recieving the package but they let me file the claim and do all the leg work following up on it giving them pictures and all the phone calls. I bet I have spent well over three hours over the phone alone with them. They only told me about the shipper getting the money after they issued him the check. They should have told me this up front and I would have let the shipper handle it except for the pictures they needed from me.

It is extremely frustrating to go through all this just to find out afterward that I may not get anything out of this. I hope atleast the seller gives me the money so that I can put that towards new tailpipes.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
Holy old thread batman. I like ups though
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
1Quik85GT

Quote: