StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
gt90stang

Question Torque Truncation Table?

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used the Torque Truncation Table FN1119 to remove timing at high RPM in 1st gear with A9L or A9P?

I’ve been fighting getting my timing tables, functions and scalars set and have them so I don’t get any detonation in 2nd or 3rd gear, but I do get light detonation at the 1-2 shift at WOT. I’ve tried pulling more timing without affecting overall power in 2nd and 3rd , but I have to pull way too much for overall performance. I’m hoping with FN1119 I can fix this because:

At Wide Open throttle, SAF is determined from the following equation.
SAF = FN131 + FN133 + FN134 + KWS1 + FN135 - 'C'

N > TTNOV * VSBAR --------------------------| Torque Truncation Spark
| 'C' = FN1119
|
| --- ELSE ---
|
| 'C' = 0

With my AOD in first (2.40) with 275/40R17s and 3.73 gears my RPM/MPH or N/V = 117.7 @ 4K RPM and 34 MPH. From what I’ve read here from fireguy50, 86GT, Cougar5.0 and others it seems that the numbers in the FN1119 table at the appropriate RPM/Load points should be positive because they are subtracted (- ‘C’) from the timing equation. Right? The address for TTNOV for my A9P is 0x7430h according to 86GT. Anyone know what the default TTNOV is for A9P? (I think it is zero) What type of number format is it? If TTNOV = 0 then it seems the PCM is always using FN1119 (with zeroes in all the cells), so it just won’t work putting numbers in cells as they would always be used at the appropriate RPM/Load of FN1119 without changing TTNOV.

The other bummer is I don’t have a way to edit TTNOV in my tune, so is there another way to just pull timing in 1st at high RPM?

Thanks, Don
gt90stang is offline   Reply With Quote