StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Board Specific > Welcome Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
SilverBack

New Guy in AL

Hey guys, my name is Charlie and I was pointed over here from The Corral by Ehardy. I'm originally from Central Florida, but I've been living here in Pell City for about 3 years. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and a die-hard gearhead.

My car is an ex-4cyl coupe that a buddy and I built from a roller in less than a year. We did everything on the car except the alignment. I originally was going to build it bare-bones just enough to drive, but like all projects it got out of hand and ended up as you see below. The mod list is really long so I won't list it all out unless you're interested. Basically a H/C/I 302 w/ a T5-Z I built and 3.73s.

Obviously the car isn't purpose built for the strip, but I love taking it out to Alabama International Dragway in Steele. The best I've done so far is 12.78 @ 105 w/ several 110 mph trap speeds that day and this past Friday I was trapping ~113. Definitely have some work to do. I just recently installed an NX wet kit and I've been having a lot of fun with just a 50 shot.

Let me know what you think.

Here is what we started with..

Here's how it is now.

SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote