StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 07:19 AM   #11
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Re: Built 351W Average HP/TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX
Yeah, but i also seem to remember you not wanting to come off any money to mod your Cobra... why should I think you'd spend $3000+ on a 351 H/C/I motor.
I'll come off the money to mod my Cobra, but I am not about to spend $6000 to go 350/320 N/A on a Big Bore kit. I'll boost it before that happens. (here we go) Of course then we get to counting pennies and I could make 550/500 with a TT kit and be done with it. Of course I've got to build a motor somewhere in between there too!

This 351W would be for my 66 coupe. I'm thinking about turning it into a vintage racer complete with modernized suspension. A guy over a C-C.com is in the final stages of prototyping some modifications which would allow 66-68 Mustangs utilize 88-95 Mustang suspension pieces.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:33 AM   #12
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Nathan,
If you want to go VH with a '66 Mustang, we need to talk. I have several friends that build VH Mustangs (and others) that race nationally.

I think that there is probably a lot better susepension choices out there, plus it will depend on who you run with the level of mods that will be allowed.

If your planning on racing a 351 in VH, I would highly recommend a dry sump engine, I believe that most groups allow these now. If you can't afford a new dry sump, let me know, I can look around for a used one, or you can go with an Accusump if you had to.

Also if your going to build a good 351 for VH racing only, you need to be in the 500-550 hp level NA. This would be very doable, and if you want I have a friend thats only about 4 hours from you that build some killer VH engines.
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #13
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig K.
Nathan,
If you want to go VH with a '66 Mustang, we need to talk. I have several friends that build VH Mustangs (and others) that race nationally.

I think that there is probably a lot better susepension choices out there, plus it will depend on who you run with the level of mods that will be allowed.

If your planning on racing a 351 in VH, I would highly recommend a dry sump engine, I believe that most groups allow these now. If you can't afford a new dry sump, let me know, I can look around for a used one, or you can go with an Accusump if you had to.

Also if your going to build a good 351 for VH racing only, you need to be in the 500-550 hp level NA. This would be very doable, and if you want I have a friend thats only about 4 hours from you that build some killer VH engines.
Sweet! That 66 Coupe is just sitting there rusting so I figured it was time to do something with it.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 01-31-2005, 11:52 AM   #14
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #15
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE

Old 05-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #16
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
Wicked
Friends

Send a message via AIM to Wicked

I'd say with the right H/C/I package, 425/425 flywheel with pretty decent street manner would be perfectly feasible.

I would suggest going with a 393/408 while your at it, especially if you're buying the shortblock.

Work Car:
2005 Honda Odyssey
400 whp Turbo V6, 6-speed, full cage, H&R Suspension, Brembo Brakes
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote