StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #11
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Re: EvM Tri-Link install on a 96 Cobra *DUW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX
I doubt that will work. The noise is being transfered through the solid spherical bushings. You no longer have the non-metal bshings absorbing the road noise.
Not kill the noise per say (I'd do that with sound deadening the interior), but to change the frequency of the noise. Right now its sort of sharp at anything above 65mph. Hopefully the rubber would "dull it down" some. Kind of like hitting a tuning fork then touching it with your finger.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #12
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Great write up Nathan, wish I could have given a helping hand in the install.

When is the first track day, and where?
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #13
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Update:

After putting a couple thousand street miles on the car I am happy to report everything is still as it should be. This weekend I decided to do a little maintenance and swap in my 275lb springs in place of my 225lb springs. Checking all the bolts and attachment points everything was in order and within spec. Before swapping the springs I was expecting a much stiffer ride because of my past bone-jarring experience with the 275lb'ers. (This was on a stock suspension with the PHB) Well, I was wrong about that ride quality. With the 225lb springs I was experiencing a some "buggy bouncing" as I went over bumps and bridge jounts, almost like the rear was oscillating out of control. But with the 275lb springs the bouncing has all but stopped and the car is flatter throughout turns, both sharp and sweeping. I still could stand a tad more rebound valving from the Bilsteins, but I am very pleased with how it has turned out.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with the front.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 02-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #14
96GTS
Mine's bigger...

Send a message via AIM to 96GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero
Update:

After putting a couple thousand street miles on the car I am happy to report everything is still as it should be. This weekend I decided to do a little maintenance and swap in my 275lb springs in place of my 225lb springs. Checking all the bolts and attachment points everything was in order and within spec. Before swapping the springs I was expecting a much stiffer ride because of my past bone-jarring experience with the 275lb'ers. (This was on a stock suspension with the PHB) Well, I was wrong about that ride quality. With the 225lb springs I was experiencing a some "buggy bouncing" as I went over bumps and bridge jounts, almost like the rear was oscillating out of control. But with the 275lb springs the bouncing has all but stopped and the car is flatter throughout turns, both sharp and sweeping. I still could stand a tad more rebound valving from the Bilsteins, but I am very pleased with how it has turned out.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with the front.
good to see its holding up.

Next big purchase should be some Koni DAs
Old 02-28-2005, 09:03 AM   #15
FastRedPonyCar
They call me CrazyFingers

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero
Update:
both sharp and sweeping..
What about flat sweeping?

2017 Dodge Charger ScatPack 392

2016 Mazda CX9 Signature Edition - Hers

1999 Volvo S70 T5 - Un-killable beater (Always for sale)

FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #16
Jugg2Driver
TAC Cone King!

Very informative Nathan!

2004 Oxford White Mustang GT 40th Aniversery(purposefully misspelled to annoy Brian) edition
Kenny Brown Stage 2 Suspension upgrade(Panhard bar, strut tower brace, rear shock brace, super subframe connectors, jacking rails, 4-point chassis brace, & Matrix bracing) Kenny Brown UCA's & LCA's. MAC cold air kit & cat-back exhaust!
Jugg2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #17
93Cobra#2771
The Kocky One

TTT - after many more miles, any problems to report? Do you regret the increased NVH levels with the solid attached rearend? Is your car a daily driver or a weekend thrasher?

Kocky will be back!

93Cobra#2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:05 PM   #18
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
TTT - after many more miles, any problems to report?
Nope. Just two weeks ago I crawled under the car with a torque wrench in hand to make sure nothing was out of spec. Not one bolt was loose or were any parts fo the kit showing signs of wear.

Quote:
Do you regret the increased NVH levels with the solid attached rearend?
In all reality, my Race LCA's seem to be the biggest noisemaker BEFORE I put the "Brown Bread" sound deading in. I wouldn't think they would be much louder than Dronemaster 40's and a off-road H-pipe. There are no standout Vibrations or Harshness to report because the car actually rides smoother now.

Quote:
Is your car a daily driver or a weekend thrasher?
Daily Driver. Rain, Shine, Sleet, Snow, and Hail. Its the Post Office Cobra with over 12,000 mile average per year. I'm taking it to the beach this weekend and its been on several LONG trips with the Tri-Link on.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:53 PM   #19
93Cobra#2771
The Kocky One

The PHB you have - It's the MM unit, right? Stock tailpipes? I'm looking at a MM on ebay right now, NIB. Seriously considering going with it and the EVM piece.

Kocky will be back!

93Cobra#2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #20
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
The PHB you have - It's the MM unit, right? Stock tailpipes? I'm looking at a MM on ebay right now, NIB. Seriously considering going with it and the EVM piece.
Its a MM PHB with the Aluminum Bar. I really like the piece, but considering what I am building the car for, I would have installed a watts-link instead. The PHB will work with most tailpipes all the way up to 3" systems. I think MAC's are the only ones which have clearance problems, but send an email to MM and ask. They are VERY helpful even if you are'nt buying directly from them.

If you do get it, I can lend a brain on the install because its a little daunting.