StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #11
gt90stang

Re: Troubleshooting my Wideband and Ground Reference

Dale,

What specifically are you interested in...may be on my website at http://geocities.com/dbennettya/Mustang_PCM

Don
gt90stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:20 AM   #12
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Don,

It was on your site. I just wanted to see how the canton overflow tank worked out and what kind of clearance is available. I will be running very tight on clearance in that area, may have to relocate to another area.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #13
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Ok, new problems:

Attention: 1996 Cobra - LLX3/CDAN4

I got the WB working and decided to throw my C&L 80MM Meter and Tru-Flow inlet pipe back on the car and start from scratch. So I've got everything installed and a fresh set of spark plugs thrown in for good measure.

First, the car will not idle with the C&L 80MM "Blue Tube" transfer loaded from EA. I load up the stock LLX3 transfer and it fires right up, but I am way lean.

Here I go...

I disable Adaptive Strategy and datalog about 10 minutes of idle. I send the datalog through EA and calculate a new idle curve (ie voltages between .53 and .74) to target 14.67. The car now idles around 650rpm and 14.6-15 AFR. Sometimes I have to hit the throttle just to make sure its still running! Set out to do some datalogging to dial in my MAF curve. After about four 30 minute sessions I have a nice smooth curve that produces (fairly) identical LAMBSE and WB readings.

With Adaptive still disabled I do another 30 minute session to calculate injector timing. Surprise, Ford was conservative with injector timing on the DOHC's. (Used TDC and Trailing) I picked up a good bit of mid-range torque (Bubba's Seat-o-Dyno) and it does sound different. I'll have to report later on the fuel mileage. Did another logging session just to make sure the curve did not change.

With all that worked out, I turned Adaptive Strategy back on and set Thermactor Air Injection Hardware Present to 0 hoping to disable it.

My issues...
  1. During warmup, the car chugs and idles like it has a lopey cam. It didn't do this with Adaptive disabled, but with the KAMRFx's cleared and ECT low there shouldn't of been an issue?
  2. Even with Thermactor Air Injection Hardware Present disabled, I can still hear the relay click and the WB goes to 20.00. Any ideas?
  3. Crusing at a steady RPM (not gear dependant) will get you some strange readings. For example on the Interstate with cruise set at 75mph my LAMBSE and WB were reading 14.xx, but my KAMRFx's were going nuts and showing .91x to .89x. If my LAMBSE and WB are matching up why is the EEC trying to correct fuel?
  4. Sometimes the EEC will command 16.5x-18.3x during part throttle/low load (40's or below) steady state cruising. My fuel_stabilized_OL is set to 14.64, what else is causing it to command such lean mixtures? (Keep in mind that my WB is still matching the LAMBSE)

So what am I doing wrong?

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #14
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 10-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #15
boss96

Quote:
During warmup, the car chugs and idles like it has a lopey cam. It didn't do this with Adaptive disabled, but with the KAMRFx's cleared and ECT low there shouldn't of been an issue?
Since the car did not learn any fuel trims you do not have any trims applied to cold start. It is doubtful that you have the maf dialed in perfectly so you may be running lean when cold.
Quote:
Even with Thermactor Air Injection Hardware Present disabled, I can still hear the relay click and the WB goes to 20.00. Any ideas?
Sorry, no idea
Quote:
Crusing at a steady RPM (not gear dependant) will get you some strange readings. For example on the Interstate with cruise set at 75mph my LAMBSE and WB were reading 14.xx, but my KAMRFx's were going nuts and showing .91x to .89x. If my LAMBSE and WB are matching up why is the EEC trying to correct fuel?
First thing, the wideband reading is not absolutely accurate, the eec normally will constantly be adjusting the a/f using the stock sensors. If the car is in CL then your Lambse reading should be constantly changing too.

Quote:
Sometimes the EEC will command 16.5x-18.3x during part throttle/low load (40's or below) steady state cruising. My fuel_stabilized_OL is set to 14.64, what else is causing it to command such lean mixtures? (Keep in mind that my WB is still matching the LAMBSE)
The eec is commanding a lean mixture to compensate for the maf curve being wrong at that point, your wideband is showing the normal 14.7 because the eec is successful at triming your fuel to get to 14.7. Again, this assumes you are in CL, not OL. Your "fuel stab OL" table is not active at this point so it does not matter what it says unless you are running in OL.
Bob
Old 10-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #16
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss96
Since the car did not learn any fuel trims you do not have any trims applied to cold start. It is doubtful that you have the maf dialed in perfectly so you may be running lean when cold.
Just for kicks, I disabled Adaptive again this morning (while the ECT was at 72*) and the car idled perfect. Re-enabled Adaptive (while the ECT was at 96*) and it chugged.

Quote:
First thing, the wideband reading is not absolutely accurate, the eec normally will constantly be adjusting the a/f using the stock sensors. If the car is in CL then your Lambse reading should be constantly changing too.
Which they are, within a range. Disable Adaptive and clear the EEC and you get matching readings. Enable Adaptive and you get massive corrections.

Quote:
The eec is commanding a lean mixture to compensate for the maf curve being wrong at that point, your wideband is showing the normal 14.7 because the eec is successful at triming your fuel to get to 14.7. Again, this assumes you are in CL, not OL. Your "fuel stab OL" table is not active at this point so it does not matter what it says unless you are running in OL.
Bob
For some reason I though that the F_S_OL table influenzed the CL operation too. Anywho, I am lost as to why with Adaptive disabled that LAMBSE and WB reading match but when I enable adaptive they are way wrong.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:35 PM   #17
boss96

How are you disabling "adaptive"?
Bob
Old 10-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #18
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss96
How are you disabling "adaptive"?
Bob
Scalar Adaptive_Control_Switch set to ZERO

Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #19
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero
Scalar Adaptive_Control_Switch set to ZERO
Are you using the TwEECer for this?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #20
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow