Old 10-19-2005, 08:07 AM   #21
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Re: Troubleshooting my Wideband and Ground Reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
yes he is
Then..........
Just an idea but it may be possible that the switch is not pointed at the proper data location in the binary file if it really is available in your calibration, had this happen when I was testing some '03 Mach 1 stuff. I would drop Mike Glover an email just to confirm that you have the latest data file for your application. I know that this works on the '03 Mach 1 cars.

Try using the ACT max/min scalar to disable adaptive and see what happens.
On the TAD/TAB thing if I remember correctly you have to set the proper bits to get the desired results. Chris made a post on this a while back if it is still on the EEC-Tuning forum.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #22
boss96

Dale, the tag is correct, I have the same strategy. When you turn off adaptive it still runs in CL but does not learn fuel trims. Of course if you have not cleared KAM then you will still have the old trims applied but they are not updated.
Another advantage of no adaptive is the ISC stuff does not adapt either. On my car the adaptive stuff would get fooled by the longtubes, etc, and the car would usually not run that well as far as stalling, etc.
I don't know SENDERO's combo but if he has longtubes, blower and cams I would just run it full time OL and dial in the maf for 14.7 a/f during part throttle and adjust the ISC for best operation.
Bob
Old 10-19-2005, 08:52 AM   #23
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Bob, Was not sure on the tag being correct as I know Mike had been updating
quite a few things according to Clint and some of the others. I am not sure what his combination is either....

Do you have the Cat Temp Switch in your startegy? I forgot what year that started in...
I know on the '01 Cobra's & '03 Mach 1's etc. this has to be changed or it will throw the AFR off...

Also have you heard anything about the '05 release?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #24
boss96

Do you have the Cat Temp Switch in your startegy? I forgot what year that started in...
I know on the '01 Cobra's & '03 Mach 1's etc. this has to be changed or it will throw the AFR off...

Don't think I have that tag, I know about it on the newer cars though, all it does is add fuel when you let off the gas from wot to cool the cats from what I understand.

Also have you heard anything about the '05 release?

Yeah, should be any minute now
Bob
Old 10-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #25
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss96
Don't think I have that tag, I know about it on the newer cars though, all it does is add fuel when you let off the gas from wot to cool the cats from what I understand.
I thought that was what they were using it for just was not sure.

Quote:
Yeah, should be any minute now
Bob
Old 10-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #26
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
I don't know SENDERO's combo but if he has longtubes, blower and cams I would just run it full time OL and dial in the maf for 14.7 a/f during part throttle and adjust the ISC for best operation.
Bob

C&L Meter and a Dr. Gas X-pipe only.

Adaptive disabled with or without the EEC cleared, it idles smooth. Adaptive enabled with or without the EEC cleared and it chugs.

Also for kicks, I put the Stock LLX3 curve back in and cleared the EEC. With Adaptive OFF the LAMBSE doesn't match my WB at all, but with Adaptive ON the trims stay close to 1. I know the MAF curve for the LLX3 can't be correct for a C&L 80mm, right?

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #27
boss96

No one mentioned this yet but how about changing your 02 sensors? Maybe they are going bad.
Also, did the problem start when you changed the injector timing values?
Bob
Old 10-19-2005, 01:57 PM   #28
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
No one mentioned this yet but how about changing your 02 sensors? Maybe they are going bad.
Replaced 6 months ago. Purchase from the Ford Dealer. (Bad experience with Advanced Auto O2's with the 89GT)

Quote:
Also, did the problem start when you changed the injector timing values?
Bob
Nope. All my values at low load idle are pretty much stock, the big change was above 4000rpm.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 10-19-2005, 02:25 PM   #29
boss96

Wish I was there to look at it. Want to send me the .ccf and maybe I'll see something?
Bob
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #30
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Wish I was there to look at it. Want to send me the .ccf and maybe I'll see something?
Bob
Sure. I'll have to do it when I get home. I'll upload it to my website and you can download it directly instead of messing with email.