StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare

Send a message via AIM to Doc_G
4.6 into a fox.

Ok I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, and I did search but didn't find satisfactory information for my questions. SOOO I'll lay them out for you mod motor gurus.

First a bit of background, I am looking at a 86-93 fox body coupe that is a roller only. No engine or tranny, OH and no front seats . I also am considering purchasing a donor car that is a 96 non pi gt. Provided I take the entire engine/tranny combo, wiring harness, and ecu/ecm How hard is it to drop the items into a fox? I know that physically the engine and tranny will fit, but do I need anything special? I also plan to take the brakes/rotors/rear axles/rotors to convert the fox to a 5 lug. Anything I should be looking for in the way of problems? I know that swapping to disk rears I'm going to need a proportioning valve (should be able to use the one on the donor car) and possibly a different master cyl but I don't know for sure. I'm sorry if these sound/seem like stupid questions that have been asked a million times I just need some info.
Doc_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
sccapri

It's a pretty straight forward swap. You need a mod k-member and the motor will drop in. Is this the Doc that got the SC motor from me (Mike)in Birmingham?If so how have things been with you and the family? Here is what a 4v looks like in my Capri.

sccapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
86nu

Send a message via AIM to 86nu Send a message via Yahoo to 86nu
dont the mod motor k members bolt right in to a fox from like a 96 up car?

H/C/I, Nitrous, bla bla bla all on a 351
86nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
sccapri

You need to slot the back holes, but I think you have to use the a-arms also. Go to modularfords.com they have a forum for mod conversions with plenty of info about doing it.
sccapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #5
evrae205

Send a message via AIM to evrae205 Send a message via Yahoo to evrae205
modularfox.com has a complete write up on the swap. good luck I would like to do a 5.4 mod into a foxbody if i can ever find a good notchback shell.
evrae205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #6
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare

Holy shit, whats up mike, Man I lost your number in a tragic forklift/phone accident like a year ago. Yeah, this is me man long time no see. I went to modularfox and the site's down or something cause all I get is an index page. WOW that cobra motor looks good in that capri. Its the orange one right?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

You are doing the right thing by buying a donor car. This will make the job much easier in regards to having all the necessary parts. Rtusnake on here is about to drop a 4v mod motor in fox hatch as well
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare

well the plans have changed since one guy already sold his, and the other individual I was looking at wants too much for his car. I've a line on a 91 hatch that will need some work but appears solid. It comes w/motor and a t5 that I will more than likely have to have rebuilt or take a chance on rebuilding it myself. In the end I guess it'll all boil down to the pocket book on that choice. I still have a few viable options out there, but I don't know which one will work out best for me.