StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
JTowe85

Send a message via AIM to JTowe85
Problems Again

Where is the Cooling fan Module and how do i replace it????
My car kept running hot so i broke down and took it to the dealer and they said that my coolin fan module was bad...they wanted almost 200 to do it...is that good or could i do it my self cheaper???

Cheating is defined as breaking a rule...I've never seen a street racing rule book

Why does it seem like your car is in the garage more that you drive it???
JTowe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
JTowe85

Re: Problems Again

Anyone have any suggestions???

Cheating is defined as breaking a rule...I've never seen a street racing rule book

Old 03-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
86GT

It is called a IRCM (Intermediate Relay Control Module). They are usually right next to the fan. I have some ford CD's at home that I can look it up. From the avatar it looks as if you have a 94-95.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #4
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

yeah. If I am thinking about the right part, you should see a big wire harness coming out of a box on the passenger side of the radiator (or in the general area). If you have a haynes or chilton book they have a pic of it in there
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #5
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

The CCRM as it is called is located on the coolant overflow tank bracket. And that cost is about right. Are you sure that the fan itself is not bad. The CCRM controls more than the fan, it is also where the Fuel pump relays are located and various other relays of the car. There was a cooling fan recall that concerned the fan plug burning up due to the fan drawing too much current. If it is the fan, it will cost about 150 for a new fan assembly.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:25 AM   #6
95GTMan
For Rent $25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullit
The CCRM as it is called is located on the coolant overflow tank bracket. And that cost is about right. Are you sure that the fan itself is not bad. The CCRM controls more than the fan, it is also where the Fuel pump relays are located and various other relays of the car. There was a cooling fan recall that concerned the fan plug burning up due to the fan drawing too much current. If it is the fan, it will cost about 150 for a new fan assembly.
Or he can buy just a new fan motor for under a $100 from either auto zone or advance, but I can't remember which one.
95GTMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #7
JTowe85

I took it in for the Cooling Fan Relay recall. When they were done they said that my Coolin Fan Module was bad..... I thought that was where it was (hooked to the metal bracket and coolant overflow tank). I was tod it was a Ford part the other day and had to be ordered from A dealership. I havent been driving the car since the module is bad and the car over heats within 5 min of driving it. I hooked the fan up to a switch so i could drive it and it still over heats, so im thinking that i have a couple of more problems.....

Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM   #8
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTowe85
I took it in for the Cooling Fan Relay recall. When they were done they said that my Coolin Fan Module was bad..... I thought that was where it was (hooked to the metal bracket and coolant overflow tank). I was tod it was a Ford part the other day and had to be ordered from A dealership. I havent been driving the car since the module is bad and the car over heats within 5 min of driving it. I hooked the fan up to a switch so i could drive it and it still over heats, so im thinking that i have a couple of more problems.....

yes the CCRM is a ford only part, but the fan motor can be sourced from other suppliers.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 PM   #9
86GT

I got mine off a used Taurus in the local wrecking yard. It was 10 bucks.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote