StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
nxcoupe

My Most Recent Trade, Got one BadAzz GT

Well, I had a customer's car in the shop for years, I mean years. He got started hard, blew all his money, lost his job, and had no relief in the forseeable future. Which meant this car we hadn't been able to do anything to for over a year was sitting collecting dust in my shop. It looked bad sitting in the shop, you know how people are, people talked that we weren't working on it and it was our fault that it wasn't finished, blah blah. So I figured enough was enough and I called the guy up and talked to him for a while, and tossed a deal out at him that he ended up taking, as it was a great deal for him, and it allowed me to take the wheel of the project and get it finished up.
So I traded him my vert and a 90 coupe 5spd car. Here's a shot of the vert:

and I don't have any pics of the coupe hosted, but it was a red/gray 90 coupe 5.0 5 speed in gc no rust, paint was a 7, interior needed cleaning and carpet, had a lot of potential and I gave him some other stuff, but that's neither here nor there.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
nxcoupe

And here's the car I got:

Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
nxcoupe

Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
nxcoupe

We got the car as a bone stock 92 GT with a 5.0 5speed in it. Customer wanted a 800+ car with a chassis and suspension to handle it. When we started the cage that's in it would have supported down to 7.50's but since we began the rules have changed and now it's only good to 8.50's. Its intent was to be a fast track car that could be driven on the street as well. So, this is what we came up with. It's a Dart Iron Eagle 4.125 bore 9.5" deck block with a Probe 427 stroker kit with H beam rods and forged steel crank, dished pistons. It has a custom grind solid roller camshaft with matching roller lifters. Trick flow R heads ported by me, with 1/2" ARP studs holding them, and TFS 7/16 1.6 ratio rr with a Probe stud girdle keeping them straight. It has a TFS R box intake setup with an MSD pro billet distributor as well. It has Kooks stainless steel headers, 2" primary and 3.5" collectors. The blower is an F1R procharger, with a small pulley for around 10 pounds of boost on that huge engine. It has a 3 row sheetmetal intercooler. The injectors are small at 60's, but the original plan was to start off with 600 hp and gradually turn up the whick until it reached the 800+ hp goal. All this is going to go through a TKO 600, mcleod scattershield, and a spec clutch that is tbd. The rear end is an 8.8 that is welded, has a swarr bar, 33 spline gun drilled and star flanged axles, and a spool with 3.73 gears. The wheels and tires are greg weld racing wheels with 28X10.5X15 rear MT's and MT front runners too. Brakes are aerospace all around with drag race brakes on the rear and front single piston floaters to keep the wheels tucked in under the fender and they have the vented front rotor option for street driving.
The cage is all chrome moly and custom bent by Bill at BMF fab. It has subframe connectors, the entire rear torque boxes are welded up and have battle boxes in them too. Kirkey seats, autometer gauges, etc for the interior including memory single channel tach.
It has UPR front complete kmember and suspension kit and complete ProSeries rear suspension with anti roll bar. Fuel system is a BBRC tank with a Weldon pump and aeromotive regulator, all ss lines from tank to engine. DPM fuel rails and EGR delete plate, and accufab 75mm throttle body. I think that just about covers it, but it's a hell of a ride. Plans are to finish it up, got to get a cooling system figured out, replace that godawful rear bumper cover, and get the car painted. I want to break it in on the dyno without the blower hooked up, and then put the belt on and make some tuning pulls with it.
thanks for reading...
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare

Send a message via AIM to Doc_G
sounds like one helluva set up. Holy jebus that two tone car was beautiful btw. I've never seen the chameleon/mystic and black combo before, it was quite eye catching.

95 GT
Doc_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #6
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Nice Micheal. Make sure to keep this thread updated as you go along
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
nxcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_G View Post
sounds like one helluva set up. Holy jebus that two tone car was beautiful btw. I've never seen the chameleon/mystic and black combo before, it was quite eye catching.
Thanks, that was my idea, and I painted it myself the first time, then had it touched up and the stripe changed up, by a buddy of mine. I miss that car, had it since 93. Got to be a part of me.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
nxcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
Nice Micheal. Make sure to keep this thread updated as you go along
I sure will! I'm in the process of working out the direction I'm going to go with it. I know I am going to keep it a manual at first, because I have most all of the parts. It will probably end up with a nice hd powerglyde when it's all said and done tho.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
coupe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxcoupe View Post
It will probably end up with a nice hd powerglide when it's all said and done tho.
You beat me to it. That car and a stickshift just don't mesh.
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
nxcoupe

Oh, they will! Everyone told me that about my r/s car too and my renegade car. I just think it will be a lot easier to drive with an auto, for my retirement years, lol. but seriously, I already have one outrageous stick shift car, so no need for another one. If this ends up being a drag strip/trailer queen, then it will get an auto. As long as I drive it on the street, it's gonna have a manual. I would like to drive a blown powerglide car once on the street and then down the track just to see how it does.