StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #21
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

I think he is going to use his mustang harness Clint
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #22
86GT

If he plans on going the chip route then all that is needed is to change the firing order in the tune.

If the chip is not going to be done then the same harnes can be used but the pins on the salt and pepper connectors will have to be rewired. I do NOT think that just slapping on a mustang harness will do it. I believe the inputs to the EEC are in the same place.

Edit:
I just looked up the EEC pins and both use the same pins for the injectors. All that is needed, is to match the firing order with the injector outputs of the processor. You can either change the pins at the EEC or at the salt and pepper connectors. I would do it at the salt and pepper connectors.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.

Last edited by 86GT; 06-12-2007 at 01:44 AM.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:00 AM   #23
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT View Post
If he plans on going the chip route then all that is needed is to change the firing order in the tune.

If the chip is not going to be done then the same harnes can be used but the pins on the salt and pepper connectors will have to be rewired. I do NOT think that just slapping on a mustang harness will do it. I believe the inputs to the EEC are in the same place.

Edit:
I just looked up the EEC pins and both use the same pins for the injectors. All that is needed, is to match the firing order with the injector outputs of the processor. You can either change the pins at the EEC or at the salt and pepper connectors. I would do it at the salt and pepper connectors.
Unless I am missing something, he is buying an engine from a grand marquis to put in his mustang. So, other than a cam swap and turning the intake around (if he doesn't use his stock mustang intake) there is nothing else that has to be done. Unless he is getting the motor from a genrous salvage yard, he won't get the wiring harness anyhow
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #24
86GT

Yes you are right, If he puts a new HO cam in the Marquis motor and turns the upper intake around then the firing order will match.

I thought that he was using the Marquis EEC with a HO motor. I miss read that. oops.

I read into it, My father and I did just the opposite. We used a 289 with the injection system off an A9L motor in a 1966 coupe. We did not chip the EEC therefore we had to re pin the salt and pepper connectors. This was back in 1990 when we did this.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.

Last edited by 86GT; 06-12-2007 at 11:13 AM.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #25
CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

damn this is a lot of trouble, i hope it is bad cheap
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.
CrazyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote