StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #11
1Quik85GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Umm...no porting allowed. I think they can "port-match" but heads are not ported.

I can tell you that although the cam has a lift rule (.480"), there is no duration rule... and that's where they are getting power.
you are definetly dead on... you would be amazed at the duration numbers these guys are running
1Quik85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #12
nxcoupe

Yep, and real street is very similar. It's factory stock with out of the box aluminum heads and intake, only two heads and two intakes are really competitive, Trick flow and Edelbrock, stock cam, no changes to the cam profile allowed for 5.0's, and we saw a .49 out of a nitrous combo and a .44 out of blower combo this past weekend, both 5.0's. My car went an all time best of a .78, but with a 1.45 60ft when it usually goes 1.30. It would have been in the 9.50's which is incredible for my car, and I am really happy we finally got it dialed in and there is more in it for next year.
I am really toying with building an F/S car, they are a blast and not too expensive to build either, compared to r/s.