StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Yknot

ProjectCOBRA"33

Hi, I'm new to this site, although I have been a watcher for some time. The information and post seem to be orderly so I joined. I would like to thank the staff for putting on such an nice and informative site, and the member for being there when needed, hopefully when I need help one will come to my aid as well.

I have been working on ProjectCOBRA"33 for a little over a year now. It's way different from ypour typical project on this site, but it is ALL FORD. I started with an all steel 1933 Ford sedan and completely dis-assembled it, keeping only the body and a few major pieces. The frame is new and fabricated by myslf (1-1/2" x 6" chanel from ASG, then boxed) . Many hours have already been put into the project, and as of this writing, the frame is finished and painted, with ,most major pieces attached. It utilizes a Heidts IFS Super Ride front end and a 4-bar triangleated rear set-up with a polish Winter quick change running 4.12 gears, Willood takes on all the brake duties for the car. The body is being modified and modern parts are being added. The engine of choise was the 03-04 Cobra Terminator power plant, so I ordered on brand new, a 04 model and started from there. To date the fuel system ahas been totally re-vamped using Aeromotive fuel rails, 42lb/hr injectors, Converted to a Return style system, with all Aeromotive products. I also used a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump to aggment the fuel capacity while at WOT and on N2O. The super charger has been both polished and ports at Steigmyers, and the bosst is set at 15-16psi. We have Blue Ford racing valve covers and chrome coil covers, BBK long tube headers, Accufab polished intake and throttle plate, Moto Blue dual bearing pullies and super charger pully, Power house starter, Moroso oil Pan, with Canton windage screen, Energy suspension motor mounts, a PA SFI flex plate and a built 4R75W transmission, with modified Torque converter.
The whole car's funtions are kept on a Innovate Motorsports data logger which includes 8-EGT sensore, 2-cylinder head temp sensors, 4-liquid temp sensors, 5-pressure sensors, 2-wide ban O2 sensors and a travel sensor. Once there Open Tune is released, that will join the rest of the pieces. The car is heavy into electronics and run a Keene Bell Boost-A-coil, and Boost-A-pump, Telorvek cumputer mid-panel, a new Ford 2005 Mach 1 modified EEC, SCT Live wire tuner, Ron Francis wiring panel, Cold fussion EGT Safety Switches, Master Mind Nitrous controller, NOS Cobra Plate system with twin intercooler spray bars, dual purge kits and dual 15lb bottles. There is also a full stage II Snow Performance Water/Mythenol injection system to keep detination to a minimum during WOT and Nitrous use. Every part on the car is new, except the original body and doors. Our lates efforts have added Bear Claw latches to booth doors, with Poppers and electric locks and door solenoides. We are also currently installing the power window kits as well as a full 10 point roll bar made from 1-3/4" 0.120 wall DOM that will satisfy NHRA tech standard down to 8.50 seconds, more then enough for the car. The car will serve it's first year or so on the car show circuit, then the focus will change to the drag strip and various street events. I'm very confident we will get 600hp from the engine, and up to 300hp in addition from the nitrous and water injection, who knows we might press it beyound that figure?
I know this project is a little un-orthodox for the site, but it's 100% FORD, in an arena where the Chevy small block gets way to much hang time, plus my engine transmission combo is pure FORD performance much like many of your members are running. I feel in love with the 4.6L Modular motor, I was up and untill this project a Chevy fan, and fully intended to install a big block or a LS2-3 Small block Chevy. But after reading the sfecifications on the Terminator engine, and how much power it was capabile of producing on a consistant and durabile basis, I wanted nothing but Ford Modular power in my project, obviously I could have chossen any form of power plant, but it was the Ford mod motor that caught my eye, and hart. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Ford members and sharing and learning from ther and mine experiances. Dave.

If you would like to follow the ProjectCOBRA"33 build up, just tune into
www.proweldperformanceparts.com and go to the COBRA"33 link.
Yknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

Send a message via AIM to ncontt Send a message via Yahoo to ncontt
wow dude.....nice project
Old 01-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
EZ SPEED
Friends

Awesome Project

Sounds like something I have thought about building if I ever had that kind of $$ to play with.

But there never was a 2005 Mach1, maybe you mean 2004.

And Welcome to the Forums!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Nice looking project, keep us updated onhow it is coming.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
NightHawk756
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullit View Post
Nice looking project, keep us updated onhow it is coming.
+1!!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:52 AM   #6
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk756 View Post
+1!!
+2...
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
coupe
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know this project is a little un-orthodox for the site...
but yet perfect for this site!

Welcome aboard! Keep us updated!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Purple1995Pony
Friends' Dad/Dad-in-Law

very nice!!!
Purple1995Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
Greg03Cobra

That is a nice project man. Welcome to the site.

640hp & 600trq :Sold

2007 Shelby GT : Sold

2004 SVT Cobra Oxford White : Sold

Ricer import has become the Silver Submarine : Stolen & totaled
Greg03Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Very nice,and ORIGINAL,I like it!,finally somebody bulding a street rod with a FORD in it,instead of a SBC!,welcome to the site!
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote