FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 06:16 AM   #11
Wickd GT
Friends

Re: QA1 K-member and A-arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig K.
So what are you going to do with it, perhaps you could give it over to me for free, I'll pay for shipping
Since it was free then nothing to gripe about, but mine did the same thing. What it was needed was to open the holes where the k member bolts to the frame and I moved it towards the left and center, this was done at the aligment shop, and that is all it took. About the A arms, the stock ones to be used with this k member you have to grind so the a arm would not hit the K member whne it extends, and that is what I have on mine, it took me around an hour and a half to do everything.

Edgar

And let me tell you, the D&D k member is the worst one out there, because of clearance for Long tube headers and the way it puts the motor mount pads all out of wack, I don't know about the SN95, but in the fox bodies they shure suck. If you going for a K member get the Performance Automotive out at Indiana, is the best K member out there.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:29 PM   #12
svopaul

Send a message via AIM to svopaul

Quote:
So what are you going to do with it, perhaps you could give it over to me for free, I'll pay for shipping
OK Craig....you need a new C/T that reads "You got anything for Free??"
Old 02-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #13
96GTS
Mine's bigger...

Send a message via AIM to 96GTS

The D&D fits perfect w/ my LTs.

I'm not complaining about the cost to performance ratio. I'm griping about the quality which, IMO, sucks. I shouldnt have to modify it to fit. If I were to oval out the holes, it would put the top of the K member (the part that fits against the frame) and it would of stuck into the engine bay, which, surprise!, would've interfered w/ my LTs.

The only thing I liked about it was that there was more room around the steering rack which the D&D cuts it close.

I've installed a UPR, 2 different D&Ds and an MM K-member. All of which fit square with the holes that they came with.

Paul comes on here bashing the Dense charger b/c its simply made w/ cheap materials, I comment on an actual faulty product and its an arguement.

WTF is this section here for anyways?
Old 02-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #14
96GTS
Mine's bigger...

Send a message via AIM to 96GTS

Quote:
You dont have a 4.6:P

I was supposed to give a guy my D&D b/c his turbo kit was designed with the D&D. So he bought me the QA1. The D&D kits were on BO. But when I had my issues, I told him it wasnt worth it for me to screw up my car and he'll have to find one by other means. I was already out $100+ out of pocket for the alignments....So he has it back now and I think sold it to someone...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #15
NightHawk756
Si vis pacem, para bellum

I agree. I feel that if you buy a K-member or anything for that matter that's made for a specific application, then you should never have to modify it. Although it seems an all too common practice in this sport.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:59 PM   #16
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GTS
Paul comes on here bashing the Dense charger b/c its simply made w/ cheap materials, I comment on an actual faulty product and its an arguement.

WTF is this section here for anyways?

You are right. I have been out away from the computer for the last few days. This forum was created for any individuals product review. Not for discussions or debates. That is what the other tech sections were created for.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
Closed Thread