StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
oo-gonzo

Finally finished working on my 5.0

Yipee! I finally got the GT out today for short ride. After bolting on the X-pipe, we adjusted the timing and hit the road. Man, it was nice. The 5.0 is running good so far. The throttle response was sweet and yes I did smoke the tires a bit. I think once the ECU picks up on everything, it will run even better. I also plan buying an SCT chip or diablo. The X-pipe w/ cats quietened down the exhaust a bit, but I kind of like it. I was actually able to have a conversation with my father while out on the test ride. I am used to much louder exhaust, but this seems to be a good change. I realy like the professional products intake, TB and parts that we put on. They were easy to install and seem to be working well. The MAc CIA is nice also. It was a bit large during the install, kind of like putting a puzzle together. I only wish that I could have gotten the underdrive pullies on, but they will have to wait until I feel like yanking the radiator to get that damn round off nut out! I am going to shoot some pics of all the work tommorrow and post them for you guy's!

Last edited by oo-gonzo; 03-06-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typographical error
oo-gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote