StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
boss96

Just got MT DR's today

The only size available locally today was 325/50/15. They are 28" tall compared to the typical mustang 26" size.
I have Weld Prostars 15x10 with 6.5" backspacing, no quad shocks and no tailpipes. The tires barely fit, not much of a problem width-wise but they do stick out under the fender lip just enough to rub if you hit a bump. I put some air in the pass. side airbag I have and surprisingly it lifted up the whole car so that solved that problem for now. I'll probably be getting those "weight jacker" LCA's soon to be more permanent.
Now the good part..
I've owned BFG's and Nittos before (DR's) and they worked better than a regular tire but still would spin in 1st gear and sometimes 2nd.
Not these...
I can't believe how well these tires hook, I can go just short of WOT in 1st, bang 2nd and go from there. Definitely the closest thing to slicks I've ever tried. And on top of that I was running 35lbs of air in the tires, no heating up the tires, nothing!
The most spin I saw was a little bit initially in 1st, then they bit, went wot to 6500 and shifted. I thought the front was going to lift off the ground when I hit second.
If you need traction on the street buy these..
Bob