Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 07:47 AM   #51
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Re: New Binary Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbob
Tried the FordEmu out today with the Ostrich, didn't get chance to play for long but all I can say is that it worked excellently and I cannot wait to get back to it. My ecu doesn’t work with the F1 adapter so I was a bit concerned that there would be a problem but Craig’s done another great job with this and all went smoothly.
Yep Craig has done an excellent job on this piece of hardware.
By the way the F3 adapter works well with pcm's that the F1
does not support.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #52
86GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.0
Yeah, it was A9L for sure.
I wish I could answer the weird things that you are seeing but I cant. It does not make logical sense that it would makes changes in more than one function or the MAF making changes to three bytes at a time. Tis could only happen if the def file was not set up correctly or if the memory locations were crossed.

This was in Cal Edit that you saw this in?

You might have to start with a fresh binary and make all of the chnages again. Some how it got corupt. I used PCMX to make all of my binary edits. I have used TunerPro on a few parameters and seems to work. I have yet to try a fresh binary from TunerPro.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:56 PM   #53
Cougar5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
I wish I could answer the weird things that you are seeing but I cant. It does not make logical sense that it would makes changes in more than one function or the MAF making changes to three bytes at a time. Tis could only happen if the def file was not set up correctly or if the memory locations were crossed.

This was in Cal Edit that you saw this in?

You might have to start with a fresh binary and make all of the chnages again. Some how it got corupt. I used PCMX to make all of my binary edits. I have used TunerPro on a few parameters and seems to work. I have yet to try a fresh binary from TunerPro.
I'm using the A9L that I got from TwEECer site. I'm doing the "difference tool" in TunerPro to see the changes AFTER I change particular functions. Most work fine except for MAF & a couple of others. I've used THREE different definition files (yours, dex's & one I made) and the issues appear every time. I can change the filling by messing with the def file, but I haven't been able to stop the weird behavior with certain cells as described above. Either my computer (work laptop that I do heavy CAD on) is messed up or TunerPro is messed up (I don't think the definition files are messed up but they may be). Maybe you could try using a fresh copy of A9L in TunerPro & make the changes I described above & use the "difference tool" to verify what I am talking about.

NOTE!! The data looks OK in CalEdit when I look at it BUT there are bytes that are changed that don't show up in CalEdit, and the resultant bin from TunerPro corrupted the crap out of my Tweecer - I still can't get CalCon to log correctly!! I doubt anyone else has done a tune entirely in TunerPro as I have - especially MAF curves since I was the first one to find that the file wouldn't work in CalEdit due to integer format for "Y" values. I hope someone can verify this since I'm no expert in digital engineering. Mechanical - yes, electrical - yes, digital - NO! just learning...

Edit: Also note that I took the SAME A9L starting file and changed ALL of the scalars for my current tune in TunerPro & then copied all the functions in CalEdit and the tune works fine also. No bytes got filled "out-of-place" when I just changed scalars.

Oh, and I hope I'm not coming across like a grump - just that I've been sick as a dog for a week and i had a little while beween raindrops to burn my new tune and it was nothing but trouble - I don't mean to take it out on anybody
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #54
86GT

I will try making a change to my bin in the MAF area to see if it works when I get home tonight.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:04 AM   #55
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.0
Something seems to be misaligned somewhere...
Drop Mark Mansur an email as he may have an explaination for this..
Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #56
sailorbob

Currently the 'Item Finder' tool and 'Difference' tool in TunerPro will not work for functions, Mark is aware of this and hopefully will release a fix soon.
sailorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #57
Cougar5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbob
Currently the 'Item Finder' tool and 'Difference' tool in TunerPro will not work for functions, Mark is aware of this and hopefully will release a fix soon.
Glad Mark is aware of this issue. Those tools are working fine according to EEC_Ed BTW - glad the issue is recognized though
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote