StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what hp will it make?
400-425 3 50.00%
425-450 1 16.67%
450-475 1 16.67%
475+ 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #51
04 Mach1
Bet I red light B4U

Send a message via AIM to 04 Mach1
I agree with BAD INT!
89 gt 2.3 stroked holley head with n12n port high flow intake with great big fart can skunk 2 seat belts with kool glow water squirters and new light up shift knob basically everything from wal-mart art carr C4 10.53@127.3 w/ 1.53 60'

89 gt vert 347 eldebrock heads and intake AOD w/3000 stall unknown with 5spd went 12.7 on steet tires

04 Mach1 automatic flowmaster K+N drop in 13.9
04 Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #52
89five0Gt

89five0Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 AM   #53
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD INT View Post
Evol vs Italian lets get on the track and see some slips
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #54
Evol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
Just like I wouldn't take advice from anyone that thinks peak dyno numbers are everything. You apparently know nothing about my combo and are starting an arguement that you won't be able to back up.

However, if you insist, maybe you can throw up a torque graph of this 302 and then we will start the comparison that you are so willing to take on.
Where did i say anything about peak #'s are everything?? or that i knew about your combo? Hmm i didnt. I really dont care what it is, I was just stating my opinion. Sorry i dont have any torque graphs laying around dude so i cant compete with a bench racer like yourself or your friend.

Last edited by Evol393; 03-12-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Evol393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #55
Evol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD INT View Post
Evol vs Italian lets get on the track and see some slips
I hope for his sake that his big ci windsor doesnt have a lil n/a 302 on his back bumper.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #56
BAD INT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evol393 View Post
I hope for his sake that his big ci windsor doesnt have a lil n/a 302 on his back bumper.
I wouldnt mind seeing the race but to far away,stock bottom ends dont get a lot of credit.I was driving a friends car withstock bottom and a letter cam that was putting 350 to the tires.I am big on the big number low et for NO money.I have spent the money and also ran junk its all just attention to detail to a point then the trick parts run in and ruin things.Dyno's do help for tuning issues and o2 readings and get you close to your shift point but the track is proof and the dyno is spoof.
BAD INT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #57
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Where did i say anything about peak #'s are everything??
I'm sorry, I must have misread what you were saying. For a minute there, I thought you were comparing the peak power number of my 418 to your peak power number of your 302 and basing your whole arguement on that. Since I apparently was wrong, then please tell what exactly you meant when you said:

"Because i dont think i would take any advise from someone who has a 418 that hardly makes 90hp more than my stock bottom 302."

That just sounded like you were comparing peak numbers to me.

Quote:
...or that i knew about your combo? Hmm i didnt.
Well, considering those numbers in my sig are from when the motor had less than 2000 miles on it and just a rough street tune, you really have no knowledge of my tuning ability. Not to mention, the cam I chose was for streetability and a good torque curve in lieu of high RPM power numbers.

. . . Yet you insist on telling me that I need to learn how to tune my own car. You really should get a clue about someone before you start trying to bash them.

Quote:
Sorry i dont have any torque graphs laying around dude so i cant compete with a bench racer like yourself...
Ha ha ha, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. You are the one that started comparing dyno numbers in the first place.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #58
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Unless you have some bad-ass, track-only suspension, and weight reduction, I don't see that a race between you and I would even even be worth setting up.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #59
coupe
Super Moderator

Sounds like we may have the first grudge match of the next track day to me!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #60
Evol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
I'm sorry, I must have misread what you were saying. For a minute there, I thought you were comparing the peak power number of my 418 to your peak power number of your 302 and basing your whole arguement on that. Since I apparently was wrong, then please tell what exactly you meant when you said:

"Because i dont think i would take any advise from someone who has a 418 that hardly makes 90hp more than my stock bottom 302."

That just sounded like you were comparing peak numbers to me.

Well, considering those numbers in my sig are from when the motor had less than 2000 miles on it and just a rough street tune, you really have no knowledge of my tuning ability. Not to mention, the cam I chose was for streetability and a good torque curve in lieu of high RPM power numbers.

. . . Yet you insist on telling me that I need to learn how to tune my own car. You really should get a clue about someone before you start trying to bash them.

Ha ha ha, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. You are the one that started comparing dyno numbers in the first place.

Well i didnt tell you to put those weak #'s in your sig. My motor has way over 100k on it and the cam ha... its a baby. Its your car not mine if your happy with those #'s then who cares why even get so rung out about this ? Im not.

The only #'s that i compared were your's to what a 418 SHOULD put down thats it. I dont have a secret box in my room where i keep all my dyno #'s and compare them to other peoples. I just think your car depending on the combo should have made 450+ but thats just me. Just b/c it didnt put down the power it should have doenst mean it doesnt run good(i didnt say that) cuz ive seen some dyno queens at the track and the street not be able to out run a junkyard 302.