StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Valve spring questions,need help!

ok guys,here's what I've got,on my E7 heads that I'm working for my 306,I was taking the valve springs and all off last night,and was comparing my new springs/retainers that came off of a brand new set of AFR heads.(The guy I bought them from was putting stiffer springs on them,and I got a deal) they are the triple springs,and all are the same free height,and are taller than the E7 springs,but are the same O.D.,now here's the problem,the E7 springs are different heights for intake and exhaust,and have thicker retainers for the exhaust,due to the shorter spring.The AFR retainers are all the same thickness,BUT,the hole is too big for my valve locks!,the AFR springs are rated to .550 lift,and I know the E7's are rated to .500,I'm running the E303 with 93 Cobra 1.7 rr's,which I *think* should put it at about .528,the following are the ideas I came up with,(not trying to be long winded!),and wonder if any of them would work,lemme know!

1,use the AFR springs with all E7 thin exhaust retainers

2,use the two AFR inner springs inside the E7 springs to make them triple,and go back with the appropriate retainers

3,or do I need 10* valve locks?

Thanks in advance!
06 TBSS

Last edited by EHardy1971; 08-23-2007 at 10:41 AM.
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote