StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > 2.3 Tech
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #31
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

the stinger intercooler 'core' is 22x12x3. I think it is 25" if you include the 'end tanks'
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #32
SvoBrown

Thats what she said!

Made for a 96 cobra by kenny bell. Or that was what I was told. It is a custom piece, Just what I was looking for.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #33
coreydaniel

well i got mine running this weekend. It wont idle though, my custom intake has a nasty leak. Im taking it to the guy that made it so he can fix the leaks. But it fired right up on the first crank. I was happy. I wired up my 6AL and my 2step module also.
coreydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #34
RedSuperRanger23
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreydaniel View Post
i already have the hx35. Somebody looked at it and said it was an h1c though. Supossed to be virtually the same, so im not to worried about it, but it was sold to me as an hx35. How much are you asking for it?
I plan on useing a bypass valve.
Id like to get $300 for it. Its brand new and comes with all the gaskets.
04 Crown Vic
RedSuperRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #35
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvoBrown View Post
Thats what she said!

Made for a 96 cobra by kenny bell. Or that was what I was told. It is a custom piece, Just what I was looking for.
what rpm do u get full boost at? i think the holsets are mostly a drag turbo. if i had it to do over again i would have had the hy35 rebuilt or got a t3-t4. because my car was a dog until the mid rpms. there are some tricks u can do with timing and stuff to get it to spool faster. i tried 4-5 different things to get the hx to spool faster. i started to see boost at 2500 up. that was the only real change i ever seen is where it started. but full boost always stayed around 4000 rpms. IMO u should sale the holsets and get a t3-t4 built for your car. and they are a lot lighter than the holsets.lol that is one heavy turbo. it killed my stinger header in about 2000 miles and i had braces.if u do use the holset on the stock e6 make sure u put the brace on it. or it will be cracked for u know it.
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #36
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvoBrown View Post
Thats what she said!

I thought all of the Kenne Bell inetrcoolers were air to liquid.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #37
RedSuperRanger23
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoupe View Post
what rpm do u get full boost at? i think the holsets are mostly a drag turbo. if i had it to do over again i would have had the hy35 rebuilt or got a t3-t4. because my car was a dog until the mid rpms. there are some tricks u can do with timing and stuff to get it to spool faster. i tried 4-5 different things to get the hx to spool faster. i started to see boost at 2500 up. that was the only real change i ever seen is where it started. but full boost always stayed around 4000 rpms. IMO u should sale the holsets and get a t3-t4 built for your car. and they are a lot lighter than the holsets.lol that is one heavy turbo. it killed my stinger header in about 2000 miles and i had braces.if u do use the holset on the stock e6 make sure u put the brace on it. or it will be cracked for u know it.
there was a guy whose screen name was B2Turbo on RangerPowerSports and he had built a header that paired I want to say cylinders 1 and 4, 2 and 3, and he said that it allowed the holset to spool faster. Id have to re-read it, but I think thats right. I wouldnt mind using something like a GT3071 or maybe something a little bigger. When I bought the Holset, I didnt have a lot of money for a turbo setup. Needless to say I never even bothered mocking it up.
04 Crown Vic
RedSuperRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #38
SvoBrown

The tuned header with a duel scroll exhaust can work off of the pulse. Way to much science for me to get into that.

On the IC. Ebay and what the seller said. At $75 I did not whine about where he got it. It's the only one I have seen like it.

I get full boost at 3100 at 24 psi. Ranger cam helps out on that. It loses steam at 5500. Had another cam for a while and it was 3500 and a piggy in the lower rpms. At 6000 it was a mad man.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #39
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

i (heard) boost creep was hard to control with the holset turbo and that header. when i done the the t-3 waste gate i had that problem. but the external waste gate solved that, and it would hard to run a exteral waste gate with that style header.
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #40
coreydaniel

I dont have a whole lot of money in the car. And id like to keep it that way. I have two friends with SRT-4's. They both have ball bearing T3-T4's and tuners and all the high dollar stuff. Like 20,000 plus in the both of them. I dont want that. So far ive got a little over 2,000 dollars in my car and i am hopping i can kick both there you know whats of the street. My truck runs as good as both of them, but since it is a truck it has a major traction issue. ive got all the suspesion for this car to hook hard, so i hope it does.
coreydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote