StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires

Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #11
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

A word of warning:

EvM's Watts-Link and Maximum Motorsports Coil-Over kits have an major incompatability in the mounting locations. There is a thread over at CC.com detailing the issue. Just a heads up for people who already have coil-overs.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #12
matthew436

what about griggs coilover kits? any compatiblity problems? Would I even notice the difference between the panhard bar and the watts link on the street?
matthew436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #13
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew436 View Post
what about griggs coilover kits? any compatiblity problems?
Don't know, I've never used their products.

Quote:
Would I even notice the difference between the panhard bar and the watts link on the street?
No, if you drive within legal reason.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #14
matthew436

What do you consider within reason jk

Last edited by matthew436; 09-25-2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: California eduction system!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
FastRedPonyCar
They call me CrazyFingers

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
I had their V brace (mounts just in front of the radiator) on my GT and for such a small and insignificant pieces of metal, it made a very noticable difference. The front of the car felt like it had a little less give to it going through turns.

2017 Dodge Charger ScatPack 392

2016 Mazda CX9 Signature Edition - Hers

1999 Volvo S70 T5 - Un-killable beater (Always for sale)

FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #16
matthew436

Really. Well I just order front coil overs from MM but still hesitate about the rear suspension? I really like the Tri-Link and I will probably go with that but the watts link and not being able to mount MM's rear coil-overs is a little troubling sense that's what I was going use. I might just get the MM panhard bar and EVM's TriLink with 225 or 250 rear coilover springs and 325 or 350 front coil over spings.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #17
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Minimum 350 Front / 225 Rear Maximum

Anything above 225#'s in the rear with their "Sport" valved Bilsteins and it will "pogo" over bridge seams. You can't go wrong with the Tri-Link/MM PHB combination. I have it on my car and the only complaint is my 315 wide tires rub the fenderwell at full compression.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #18
matthew436

I have Bilstein heavy duty's up front. Is this a problem?

Should I replace them for sports? What's the real difference?

Last edited by Sendero; 09-27-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #19
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew436 View Post
I have Bilstein heavy duty's up front. Is this a problem?

Should I replace them for sports? What's the real difference?
From MM? Are they coil-overs?

The only difference between the shocks is valving. The "heavier" shocks/struts are for springs with a high rate. Because the larger springs can exert a greater amount of pressure you'll need a shock that can control the jounce and rebound of the suspension.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #20
matthew436

The shocks are just the regular heavy duty's not MM sports. I ordered 350 spring rate and will use 250 spring rate for the rear. I called and talked with MM. I love those guys, they are so knowledgable.