StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
BIGDATOWN

Need some help here!

Alright I have a 95 mustang gt. I installed a c&l 76mm full cold air kit and a bbk 70mm tb and adjustable FPR. As soon as I installed the c&l I have been fighting lean issues. I am getting detonation because of it. I am running stock timing of 10 degrees with 87 octane. Tps is set right. No vacuum leaks anywhere!

I tried to run it at stock fuel pressure and it felt weak with detonation. I uped the fuel pressure 3 psi and it got extremly stronger but the detonation is still there. So I tried 93 this morning. Car is slower and detonation has not changed. I replaced the distributor and harmonic balancer last night with new cap and rotor also.

Ask me question after question and maybe there is something I am missing that is causing this extreme lean condition. I can always just keep upping the fuel pressure but I would rather not do it that way personally. I could also probably have a tune done but I feel it would just be bandaiding the problem as I have tuned this car before and it ended up being a vacuum leak causing me grief!
BIGDATOWN is offline   Reply With Quote