StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
99LS1
*WWIP* Saving for Evo XXI

basic tuning on a 03 cobra

My friend has an 03 cobra that was programmed with a handheld tuner (superchips?). The cobra has minimal mods, smaller pulley, intake, and I think that's it. Basically the car likes to die between shifts under certain conditions.

I drove it for awhile and it seemed die most when the clutch was pushed it after taching it out, or while pushing the clutch in, braking, and turning at low speeds.

It's been doing it since he got it. I have a hard time believing that the programmer is so crappy that it can't compensate and fix the dieing conditions. What's a good tuner to use that doesn't involve having complete control but would allow to fix certain fuel spots? I'm guessing it's going lean under the conditions I described and the ecu can't correct it fast enough. At least that's what it was on my talon, but the ecu eventually fixed (learned?) and it no longer dies between shifting.

Any leads to some general faq would be appreciated. He loaded the other programs on it, but the problem was still there. I'm probably being pretty vague with the description but that's all I got. He's going to Iraq soon and I'm going to watch the car during his tour. So I'd like to get it fixed for him while he's gone.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
Doug904

Hey guy,

I can look into what his problem is. I figure its the aftermarket intake is causing a lean condition at part throttle and the tuner isn't designed to compensate enough for it. I do both SCT and Diablo tuning so just let me know if I can help.

thanks, Doug. BamaChips@gmail.com
Doug904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
99LS1
*WWIP* Saving for Evo XXI

Do you have a pricing list or anything like that? Will the car have to be completely re-tuned to use SCT or Diablo?