StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

d8oe vs e7te

which is the better head with mild port work. i have a set of both and dont know which to use some post say to use one other say to use the others. let me know just say e7 or d8oe thanks!!

thanks!
taylor
Old 10-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
MeZapU

Both are about the same as much as flow possibilities. Depends on what valvetrain you want to use.
MeZapU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

i have a f-303 cam going with an rpm airgap intake. and i have already finished the porting of the exhaust ports and about to start on the intakes. i was worried about the size of the combustion chambers dude these things are huge and i think they are the 74 and up heads because they have about the same valves as my e7's (i think!!) just eyballin it. i was worried about the compression loss. but if i can gain more with the flow capabilities i can deal with it. im just wondering found alot of mismatched stuff on other websites. some say their ok some say they suck. others curse and throw hissy fits.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
coupe
Super Moderator

The big chambers aren't gonna help you. I would scrap them and get the money from recycling. E7's are not really so bad with some work, but it's very difficult to hand-port iron heads without at least letting a machine get the bowls bored out some.

Why not buy Preston's Edelbrock aluminum heads with all the rockers on for $900? That's a steal!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

if i had the money i would have already snached his arm off. i have a set i got for free that came off a 306. the guy i got them from said they were portmatched e7 that were ported to match my f303 cam. well i set my stock e7's down to compare and then figgured out they were compleatly diffrent heads and i figgured the combustion chanbers would hurt me. but yea and im doin all the port work myself.
if i had the money i would have already bought the heads from preston i just cant afford it right now
Old 10-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
coupe
Super Moderator

So... someone told you some D8 iron heads were "ported to match an F303 cam" ??? First, you should probably not deal with that dude anymore regarding cars and second, just have a cylinder head shop do your E7's with a valvejob and some better valves and springs. Then you can grind the EGR bump off the roof of the exhaust port and run the heads until you can afford others. E7's are not worth going after with a burr bit and grinder unless you have to have STOCK heads for class racing...trust me I've done them.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzoid1 View Post
ported to match my f303 cam
Please ask him to join this forum and explain to us how a head can be "port matched" to a cam.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post
Please ask him to join this forum and explain to us how a head can be "port matched" to a cam.
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
93cobra1928
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post
Proud owner of 93 Cobra #1928
306ci Forged flat tops, Windsor Sr iron heads, FMS X-303 cam, OE Cobra upper and lower, 65mm tb, 70mm maf, 24lb injectors, BBK shorties, Summit H-pipe and Flo-bastards
93cobra1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

made to flow with the cam. get the cam specs and port and flowbench to the cam specs make the heads flow to the cam flow specs... is this not port matching to a specific cam?