StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Blown54

thanks for the compliments guys. alwaya wanted a coupe. its not perfect but its pretty good for a '90. i kinda like it havin some rough edges...it gives me more incentive to DRIVE it. if you know me then you know i always build somethin the way i want it then i dont drive it cuz i dont want anything to happen to it. but thas not the case with this car.

as far as exhaust goes, i know i want long tubes, just not sure which brand. already planned on the VRS x-pipe. and deffinately want some pro xs mufflers. the only real kicker for me is the tail pipes...i gotta have tails. i think coupes look good with pipes but i want thenm to look godd and what i mean by that is i want them to tuck up nice and close and not stick out past the bumper plus i wanna be able to take them on and off behind the mufflers just in case i need to do and work to the suspension or axle, etc...
Blown54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

That is a very nice looking car. And I really like those wheels!!

Now get us some pictures under the hood where it counts.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
Blown54

note...also gotta figure out if i want 2.5 or 3 inch
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
Blown54

here is what i have come up with...this is if i build the kit myself. Coupe has offered to get me setup with a 3" kit but im not sure how much the SS pipe is gonna be so i dont know where we are at on that yet...

3" kit = BBK 1 3/4 LT headers, VRS 3" off-road x-pipe, 3" flowtubes, 3" Borla Pro XS mufflers, 3" Flowmaster tail-pipe kit.

2.5" kit = BBK 1 5/8 LT headers, VRS 2.5" off-road x-pipe, 2.5" flowtubes, 2.5" Borla Pro XS mufflers, 2.5" Flowmaster tail-pipe kit.

then i gotta figure out which gaskets, hardware, etc... and where to get the best deal on everything...

i hope if i piece the kit together, everything will bolt/clamp rite up so i dont have to weld or fab anything. i want it to come apart as easy as it goes together...

so what does everybody think???
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
SilverBack

It is unlikely that it will all just bolt together if it's a bunch of different brands pieced together. My buddy bought an extra straight section of 3" in case he would need it....sure enough he had to add several inches to the flowtubes to make it all work. If you are not able to weld or don't have access to a welder, then you're limited by choices based on that.
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

3" exhaust just sounds so much better imo. Gives the car a deep tone
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
Blown54

Got my 3" tails and mufflers. Just need headers, x-pipe, and flowtubes. Lookin at mac and bbk for the headers...not sure what else to look at? I want 3" collectors that way my whole kit will be 3". Seems like overkill for a 363ci in my opinion but always room for the upgrade to a big inch motor.
Where do I need to buy the headers from also??? I'm ready to get it all installed!