StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
88mmrocket

they fit on my car, quads removed, beat inners and rolled lip a little. does not rub at all. i have a 15x10 with 6.5 bs. It sits pretty low, I don't think it is low enough! They fit... jack it up and paint the inner well. drive car for a short trip to see where it rubs, "correct" the problem spots! i have the Wolfe kit under my car ...just fyi.

Pic of the turd.
88mmrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #12
Wickd GT
Friends

If you have the factory suspension on it still, they are going to rub no matter how much you beat on it. The factory suspension moves around a lot, side to side, over a bump, taking a tight curve. Put some good suspension, like upr upper and lowers with the poly bushings and it keeps the suspension tight. My Son's car was doing this until we put the rear suspension from UPR, no more issues.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #13
88mmrocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
If you have the factory suspension on it still, they are going to rub no matter how much you beat on it. The factory suspension moves around a lot, side to side, over a bump, taking a tight curve. Put some good suspension, like upr upper and lowers with the poly bushings and it keeps the suspension tight. My Son's car was doing this until we put the rear suspension from UPR, no more issues.

Edgar
yeppers!

Wolfe Solids baby!!!!
88mmrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

Quote:

Edgar
mine has megabite jr lowers and boxed factory uppers. and my rear sits atleast an inach and a half lower than yours in the pic lolill try to post one up
Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzoid1 View Post
mine has megabite jr lowers and boxed factory uppers. and my rear sits atleast an inach and a half lower than yours in the pic lolill try to post one up
Those factory boxed uppers got to go, that is what keeps the rear end steady, them bushings are to soft. Replace them with poly ones if on a budget and put the solid bushings on the top of rear end. Are the megabites jr's on the first set of holes or second set, meaning bottom holes will lower the car top holes will keep it at the stock height. When I had these before I had them on the stock height holes. Here is a picture before my car was mini tub with a set of M/T drag radials 275/60 15 on a 9" rim. I drove it on the street and never rub anywhere, meaning after I use the BFH!!

Edgar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00295.JPG (151.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Wickd GT; 07-09-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #17
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

Quote:
Those factory boxed uppers got to go, that is what keeps the rear end steady, them bushings are to soft. Replace them with poly ones if on a budget and put the solid bushings on the top of rear end. Are the megabites jr's on the first set of holes or second set, meaning bottom holes will lower the car top holes will keep it at the stock height. When I had these before I had them on the stock height holes. Here is a picture before my car was mini tub with a set of M/T drag radials 275/60 15 on a 9" rim. I drove it on the street and never rub anywhere, meaning after I use the BFH!!

Edgar
hmm. idk edgar. i didnt know you could adjust them. ill def look tomm thankls! maybe i can get her to hook a lil better and get this damn drivline vibration out. what hle am i looking for exactly? ive never seen anything that can be adjusted on them. but then again never really looked at them hard. i didnt install them lol
Old 07-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #18
Wickd GT
Friends

Here is apicture of a set of Mega bite J.R.'s. If they have been mounted right, the bracket that goes in the lower control brackes of the rear end have four holes, look at the bottom left of the pictures, that mounts to the rear end and then the control arms will be installed either the bottom holes or top holes, look for that or take a picture of your set up and post it here.

Edgar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0007128.jpg (21.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #19
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

yea i looked last night and saw that they had the two holes and the setup i just havent crawled under mine to change them i really need to put solib bushings in the whole darn thing. maybe it will cure my drivline vibration. if its set on the "drag setting" but ill have to get some time loo get the car in the air and look i tried to real quick today and i cant see what hole they are mounted in without jackin the car up
Old 07-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #20
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Solid bushings are not going to cure any vibration. Soft rubber bushings will hide vibrations (that's the reason they are used), but solid bushings will transmit them all directly to the car.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote