StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer

Old 10-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
broken_joke

96 cobra and tweecer rt

i have the tweecer rt from a previous car (95 gt) and want to use it for the cobra. i noticed the sticky about inlet air temps/engine coolant temps. is the tuning similar for these cars? i ran through the base tune just to see and some of the functions/scalars/tables are similar. what would be some good first suggested tuning areas?
thanks
jake
Old 10-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

What processor/strategy is your Cobra? My LLX3/CDAN4 went from 273rwhp to 285rwhp by just swapping in the AOL3 fuel and spark maps. Playing with my stock MAF transfer I squeezed out four more RWHP before I stopped tuning on the Cobra.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
broken_joke

i have the llx3/cdan4. you gained that much going to the aol3 spark/fuel maps! i will have to take a look at that file. i would imagine i need to get flow/volt #'s from c&l to input also for the maf. also did you ever use the sealevel load scaling on your cobra?
thanks
jake
Old 10-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_joke View Post
i have the llx3/cdan4. you gained that much going to the aol3 spark/fuel maps! i will have to take a look at that file. i would imagine i need to get flow/volt #'s from c&l to input also for the maf.
Be careful with the C&L. I had the full kit (MAF, Tru-Flow Pipe, etc) and I had an issue with decel-stalling. When I was coming to a stop and let the throttle close all the way, the car would stall. It didn't do it with the stock MAF, but did it frequently with the C&L. Swapped back and forth a couple of times and it always stopped with C&L. I've found that the flow rating on the Ford MAF is greater than a N/A Cobra motor could ingest anyway, so I bought a Wideband and played with leaning out the fuel maps.

Quote:
also did you ever use the sealevel load scaling on your cobra?
thanks
jake
No, I just set all my Adaptive cells to 10 and let the car learn real-time.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 10-06-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
broken_joke

i got the c&l kit for 100 bucks (meter,housing,filter,inlet pipe).so i figured i'd give it a whirl. i haven't installed the tweecer yet, i'll probably do it this weekend. but i will look out for the stalling at decel.
thanks
jake
Old 10-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
broken_joke

i installed the tweecer and used a aol3/crajo file i got off yahoo group for comparison. i used the spark files and that was it pretty much. man, this thing hauls now! it is a night and day comparison from the xcal2 tune! also no stalling either so far.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
broken_joke

maf transfer

i have a flow sheet for the c&l and i tried to input it in and when i came back to the screen it looked like a bunch of squiggly lines? i am using a10 is that the problem? or can you not adjust this function?
also at what point do you need to bump to a larger inj for the mod motors? i have a set of 30#'s sitting around.
thanks
jake
Old 10-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_joke View Post
i have a flow sheet for the c&l and i tried to input it in and when i came back to the screen it looked like a bunch of squiggly lines? i am using a10 is that the problem? or can you not adjust this function?
FWIW, I never got my C&L right. Even with the published transfer information. You may be on your own there, but keep in mind that the C&L's were setup to use the stock MAF transfer and "trick" the ECU into leaning out the motor.

Quote:
also at what point do you need to bump to a larger inj for the mod motors? i have a set of 30#'s sitting around.
thanks
jake
When you get boost. 24lbs (which are stock) are plenty for the N/A motor.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
broken_joke

every time i try to change the maf values the curve comes out like someones scribbled lines everywhere? do i need to convert the flow sheet from the xx.xxxe-5 numbers to something else? or is ther something in the scalars to allow me to manipulate the curve? i am using 1.30a version.
thanks
jake
Old 10-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
Cougar5.0

C&L is like any other MAF - measures airflow. Not sure what all this C&L talk is about as many hundreds of people run them just fine. Mine car runs like a stock car even though it has a cam, 80mm C&L, 85mm TB (big TB's are a nightmare to tune) & a supercharger with H2O injection. I would never go and blame my lack of tuning skills on the air meter.
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote