StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer

Old 10-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.0 View Post
I would never go and blame my lack of tuning skills on the air meter.
Well, I don't have the "make it work because others use it" mentality. Just because "everybody else" uses it doesn't make it right for mine or broken_joke's application. Both of our applications come with an appropriately sized meter directly from Ford; unless you change displacement, injectors, or add boost. Since he has done none of those why are you advocating more work and potential issues for a negligible gain? Should he go out and by a Tornado Air Management System since "hundreds of other people" run it and their evident superior tuning skills allows them to get better gas mileage.

Next time you decide to make a hack at someone, why don't you try adding some tech to your post instead of making the product sound like a "one size fits all for any application".

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown

Last edited by Sendero; 10-24-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #12
Cougar5.0

Dude, you were the one hacking away at the C&L meter with little substance to your arguments. Don't blame me if I have a different view of the meter. If you don't need a larger meter, then don't bother with it - but don't blame the C&L for issues that many of us do not have or if we did have, found that it was not the meter but something else. I'll leave the Tornado crap to the ricers - nice straw man argument though.
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #13
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.0 View Post
Dude, you were the one hacking away at the C&L meter with little substance to your arguments.
Really? Four back to back tests over two months with 1500+ miles datalogged and two trips to the dyno using different MAF Transfers and tuning parameters with help from numerous other tuners isn't substance. Damn! Excuse me if I don't regurgetate the entire tuning history of my vehicle in every post.

Quote:
Don't blame me if I have a different view of the meter.
Nobody did. You blamed me for my lack a ability to make it work even though it was the wrong choice for my application. Then injected that "hundreds of others" have no problems so it must be my issue and called Straw Man on my rebuttal. You beat me to the Straw Man I believe. I'm still trying to find where I bad mouthed C&L, really I am.

Quote:
If you don't need a larger meter, then don't bother with it - but don't blame the C&L for issues that many of us do not have or if we did have, found that it was not the meter but something else.
Burden of Proof is on you then. Scothew experienced the same problems with the same meter; so has other 96-98 Cobra owners on Corral, SVTPerformance, and Stangnet. Keep in mind I'm only talking about EEC-V LLX3-4/AOL3 applications not EEC-IV A9x applications, which is what my recommendations above were gear towards. I could agree with your statements if I said "all C&L's have decel stalling issues", but that's not what I said is it?

But that's whats good about the internet, everybody has an opinion.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown

Last edited by Sendero; 10-27-2006 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Removed a tuners name, he doesn't need to be drug into this.
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote