StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer

Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #11
Cougar5.0

Re: A9p Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt90stang
Hi all,

This is getting old....now I don't get any codes with the resistor fix, but I know at times the ACT is actually getting close to 300*F. This morning on my way to work it had just rained so was granny driving. Decelerated and went around a corner and eased into the throttle and it missed and sputtered real bad (not like before when it threw a code and added more timing) but just wouldn't improve and died with steady throttle. So I'm pretty sure the ACTs where pretty high, wasn't datalogging and don't have the WB02 hooked up, so here is the question:

Do I need to add more fuel at higher temps in FN1307 or what to do to fix this?

Thanks, Don
I'm wondering why you are seeing such high ACT temps. I have a 2L KB pullied for about 9 psi and I do see the ACT rise to maybe 225F max on decel/tip in on a 90 degree day. I actually had the bright idea to replace my ACT with a new unit from the part's store. It failed open circuit in about a week and I witnessed the default behavior. It follows the ECT up to a point and then just sticks there like yours (A9L). Fortunately the check engine light kept coming on as the ACT failed so I knew something strange was going on. I put the 18 year old OE back in and it's worked fine since. I have never seen a temperature above 225F. But when my ACT failed I never had an issue with the car not running correctly - I simply was annoyed by the "check engine" light. Is your bypass valve operating properly? Where is your intake air being drawn from? MAF operating properly? Electrical connections all checked and secure? Somethings up, but I'm not sure it's entirely ACT related. I realize that these are obvious questions that I'm sure you've already checked into - maybe you need to hook up the WB02 and log the event again...
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #12
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Are you sure it's not a faulty connection; maybe on the TwEECer to the CPU?

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #13
gt90stang

Hi all,

Yes I've check everything. Mine is a 2.2L and on decel it beats the heck out of the air and on tip-in the ACT shoots up over 256*F. Mine is pullied for 10# and delivers 8# into my built 306. I've used several ACT sensors and get the same results. I've datalogged with the bypass hooked up and bypassed and the ultimate temp remains the same, except for it runs cooler most of the time with the bypass connected and working. Under WOT or mid throttle the temps are cooler. Maybe I have too big a charger for the boost I running, don't know. I'm stuck with 91 Octane so have adjusted everything accordingly. I'm using the stock air box with a K&N, stock plumbing with a C&L 76mm MAF using a green tube. AFRs are spot on as demanded and it idles and runs great except occassionally this decel and tip-in issue. Once this is fixed I'm done tuning this beast. BTW on a cool day this thing will smoke my 275/40R17 DRs through 1st, 2nd then finally settle down in third if I get on the throttle a little too hard.

Don
gt90stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #14
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Don, do you have any under the hood pics you could post?

Since i do not know where you are located at, what are the outside temps when driving the car and you see these high ACT temps?

Also where is your ACT sensor located?
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #15
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Don,

I do not remember what all you have done to the tune so I will
throw this out to you and you can take it with a grain of salt.
Have you looked at the ISC Adder vs ACT/ECT function in the higher ACT/ECT temp ranges?

Also what about the EGR multiplier under Scalars? If it is still hooked up
and in good working order. Is this set at "1" or is it lower like 0.8xxxx?

Also what version of Caledit are you using? Did you mix anything in the new software with Caledit 1.20b3?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #16
gt90stang

Thanks everyone for posting. I measured the high ACT temps when the ambient was 75-80*F. ACT sensor is in the stock #5 input port.

I noticed something wierd tonight on the way home. It was raining so traffic was slow and when I would lug between 1500-2000 RPM at light throttle tip-in it wanted to chug and miss, guess I don't drive like this much! Anyway, I'm going to try and pull a few degrees out of you timing table from lower loads to see if this helps. I think this may be what is going on so time will tell.

Pics are on my website but they aren't up to date.

http://www.geocities.com/dbennettya/Mustang_PCM/

Dale, EGR multiplier is 1 54* and above. I don't see what the ISC adder is going to affect this, but it is pretty much stock except I took out the speed increase for higher ECTs cause I have an electric fan now.

Don
Old 10-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #17
Cougar5.0

I had an issue after I got my tune seemingly perfect - the tip in air/fuel was leaning out instead of richening which caused a stumble and miss maybe similar to what you describe. Another KB person had this same issue if I remember correctly. I ended up changing the global accel pump multiplier and Accel Enrichment Fuel table so that a slower TP rate would add more fuel. This kinda creeped in after I adjusted the load scaling. The KB causes a wide range in load at very low RPM's - something I've found a bit tricky to get just right. Maybe something to look into?
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #18
gt90stang

Cougar5.0,

Yeah I already have worked on that part, however some of this may be due to the manifold filling routine. I think your right about the lower RPM load stuff. I removed 2* timing from my 3 lower loads out to 2000 RPM in the timing tables and so far it looks promising with much better off idle response and low RPM lugging....looks like I'm making progress. Time will tell.

Update: Removing timing at lower loads is fixing the issue. Almost there!

Don
Old 10-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #19
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Don,

Have you adjusted any of these -

fuel equilib time constant
fuel equilib intake surface area

And another - egr base rate altitude etc. etc.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 PM   #20
gt90stang

Dale,

Nope, those aren't available on A9P with Tweecer.

Don