StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer

Old 01-27-2006, 11:43 PM   #31
fireguy50

Re: New Binary Editor

Is TTNOV the number of pulses per tire revolution?
Old 01-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #32
Cougar5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy50
Is TTNOV the number of pulses per tire revolution?
According to GUFB, it's simply N/V or engine RPM over vehicle speed in 1st gear.
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:26 AM   #33
sailorbob

I pretty much 100% sure than the address 0x9448 is correct because the code does this:
if rpm >= (Average speed * RPM to MPH Ratio for First Gear) than (rpm / 2) then skip Torque Reduction Table lookup
sailorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #34
sailorbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale McPeters
You guys need to try out the moates emulator......
Tried the FordEmu out today with the Ostrich, didn't get chance to play for long but all I can say is that it worked excellently and I cannot wait to get back to it. My ecu doesn’t work with the F1 adapter so I was a bit concerned that there would be a problem but Craig’s done another great job with this and all went smoothly.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #35
Cougar5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbob
I pretty much 100% sure than the address 0x9448 is correct because the code does this:
if rpm >= (Average speed * RPM to MPH Ratio for First Gear) than (rpm / 2) then skip Torque Reduction Table lookup
OK, so that's the logical operation that decides whether to use FN1119 (Torque Reduction Table) if RPM is greater than or equal to VSBAR (average speed) * TTNOV (RPM to MPH ratio for first gear).

And you're saying that the scalar value for TTNOV is contained at 0x9448 which is great!

I just want to verify why the definition for A9L (TunerPro) created by Clint lists P_7448 (which is equivalent to 0x9448 - no?) as Idle Spark Multiplier - SPKMUL the default value FF (x/256) - is calculated at 1.00. The definition file on the TunerPro page lists 9448 (hex) with a value of B4 or 180 but no Item Name. But for some reason, not a single default value makes any sense when I use the new definition on the TunerPro page (dated 1/23) - perhaps someone can tell me what I have to do to correct this since now the hex addresses read 9xxx etc but the bin values are nonsense. I'm sure it's something simple that us non-digital engineers don't know. I see a note about "padding" the file by 8k to make it 64k - don't know how to do this...

Edit:

OK, I did a "base offset" of -2000 (hex) and that seemed to realign things (which aligns with the 8k "padding" - why not set up the header like this - or is the header independant of the "def" file?). Was that the right way to fix the issue and can someone explain "base offset"?

This number may not need a multiplier. 255 would tend to disable the function since you would need 6.30:1 gears with a T5 to have it kick in - lol. Now if it's x/2, then it would just kick-in with a T5 & 2.73's (or bigger). I guess I'll be doing some experimenting!

If anyone's curious, I'm trying to figure out how to help me launch at the track & eliminate tire spin with a PD blower...
Old 01-28-2006, 12:43 PM   #36
sailorbob

Hmm, don't know why Clint has got Idle Spark Multiplier at 0x7448, he's also got Spark Retard For Knock Sensor there too. Please bear in mind it's easy to make a mistake in these xdf's, there's a lot of stuff in there! I'm always grateful when someone points these things out.

I think you've sorted out the offset and different bin file size problem, I've posted a reply on the TunerPro forum in more detail on your query.

The value of 255 is, as you say, a disabling value. As there is no check in this part of the code to see if the car is manual or auto the only way to avoid doing the Torque Reduction Table lookup is to set the value to a near impossible (impractical?) value.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #37
Cougar5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbob
Hmm, don't know why Clint has got Idle Spark Multiplier at 0x7448, he's also got Spark Retard For Knock Sensor there too. Please bear in mind it's easy to make a mistake in these xdf's, there's a lot of stuff in there! I'm always grateful when someone points these things out.

I think you've sorted out the offset and different bin file size problem, I've posted a reply on the TunerPro forum in more detail on your query.

The value of 255 is, as you say, a disabling value. As there is no check in this part of the code to see if the car is manual or auto the only way to avoid doing the Torque Reduction Table lookup is to set the value to a near impossible (impractical?) value.
lol - so you're the same person who moderates the TunerPro forum - I was wondering I really appreciate the help - this could be a really helpful to me if it will work. I don't suppose you know if TwEECer will write the information not contained in it's editable inputs?
Old 01-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #38
sailorbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.0
I don't suppose you know if TwEECer will write the information not contained in it's editable inputs?
Sorry, no. I don't know much about the Tweecer.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #39
86GT

Sorry for the confusion guys, I had two parameters marked as genius level in the PCMX application and this 7448 is one of them. the other is 6EAA (VIPSPK). I used the Genius level in PCMX for address that I did not know or confirm. Again sorry for the confusion.

I have updated My def files to reflect this change.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #40
86GT

Oh yah I forgot to mention that the address is 7430 if you are using the A9P and 7448 if you are using the A9L.

For the most part the scalars are off by 18h in the A9P

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote