StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Interior, Sound, and Shine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Reciever/Navigation combos

Ok. I am interested in either a double din radio that incorporates a 6.5" screen or a flip up screen of the same size or bigger for my f250.

My question is... Is there any manufacturer that offers a reasonable priced model that incorporate navigation into them. By reasonable I mean well under a $1000. I am not looking for every feature under the sun. Just a am/fm/xm/cd or dvd player with NAV. Could care less about ipod, blue tooth compatibility, 5.1 dolby surround sound, or whether it will accept SD cards. I don't need all that crap.

Been searching crutchfield but all I see are radios that have all kinds of unecessary features (to me) and want you to pay extra $$ to add NAV with the exception of a $2300 setup which I am not going to spend
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #2
EZ SPEED
Friends

Unfortunatly they add all that extra crap which raises the price.
I was shopping for the same thing last year. . .but any that I could find with navigation all had the kitchen sink added. So I gave up and bought Streets and Trips for the computer
Old 10-22-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

I started looking at this a couple of months ago and found out the same information as you. The best one I have found in terms of "just what you'll need" is the Pioneer AVIC-N3 or Pioneer AVIC-D2. But, all navigation is done via the TeleAtlas DVD maps. If you want the XM Radio NAVTraffic, its not available in all markets.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Shorty
Pr0j3ct P1mp T1t3, y0!

the one i had (stolen after only two weeks of ownership) was a pioneer and was around $1600. but as Nathan said it used DVD maps. but did have alot of extras added. most of which i dont think i would have ever used. which is the reason i went back with a standard head unit.