StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #11
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Re: maf transfer question for dale/qwksnake

One other thing that I forgot to mention is that you can buy as dataq for around $25 and use it to datalog to a laptop. After you splice into the wiring of course.

Works a lot better than just a breakout box with no mod's.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #12
sinistercoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
I would seriously entertain the thought of changing out the Pro-M 75 and go to at least an Pro-m 80 or a univer.

At the very least, send the 75 back for a flow test so that you could get a data sheet.
Getting your tune dialed in without having an R/T is going to be a nightmare with an unknown MAF transfer curve
i had a 3.5 inch univer before and the car wouldn't even run with it. I really don't want one of those as they are hit or miss. I don't think the 80 will work in blow through though. I know the R/t is better but if i can datalog the air/fuel ratio wouldn't that be just as good.
sinistercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #13
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistercoupe
i had a 3.5 inch univer before and the car wouldn't even run with it. I really don't want one of those as they are hit or miss. I don't think the 80 will work in blow through though. I know the R/t is better but if i can datalog the air/fuel ratio wouldn't that be just as good.
no because it is really helpful to datalog fuel trims so that you can see close your transfer curve is (when it is close to being established)

I'll be honest dude, the base tweecer is worthless UNLESS you are able to borrow an r/t from someone to tune your car with and then transfer the to your base tweecer (essentially you are using it as a 'chip' that way). Especially in a combination like what you have.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #14
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
i had a 3.5 inch univer before and the car wouldn't even run with it.
Then the calibration was not correct.

Quote:
I really don't want one of those as they are hit or miss. I don't think the 80 will work in blow through though.
The univers or ATI Pro tubes work just fine "IF" the calibration is done correctly. The 80mm will work but it will be limited in the amount of air flow that it can meter. And with the combination that you have you "NEED" a univer, ATI Pro tube or the new C&L tuner maf for the blowthru application and displacement that you are running.

Quote:
I know the R/t is better but if i can datalog the air/fuel ratio wouldn't that be just as good.
You need to be able to datalog no matter what you use to do it. Wether it be a TwEECer-RT, Dataq, SnEEC-IV, Breakout Box or what ever you need to be able to datalog. If you can not see what the EEC is doing in reference to the changes that you make you are in the dark.........

Since you seem to be limited in the money dept. (by the sound of it anyway). If I were you I would at least buy a dataq ( http://www.dataq.com/194.htm ) and use their software & wire in the item like TPS, MAF, WB etc. that you need to see to tune with this is better than nothing.....

Listen to what Lee is saying.........
Old 12-22-2005, 06:12 PM   #15
sinistercoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale McPeters
Then the calibration was not correct.

thats possible i guess. It ran on the guys car that i bought it from just fine.

The univers or ATI Pro tubes work just fine "IF" the calibration is done correctly. The 80mm will work but it will be limited in the amount of air flow that it can meter. And with the combination that you have you "NEED" a univer, ATI Pro tube or the new C&L tuner maf for the blowthru application and displacement that you are running.

You need to be able to datalog no matter what you use to do it. Wether it be a TwEECer-RT, Dataq, SnEEC-IV, Breakout Box or what ever you need to be able to datalog. If you can not see what the EEC is doing in reference to the changes that you make you are in the dark.........

Since you seem to be limited in the money dept. (by the sound of it anyway). If I were you I would at least buy a dataq ( http://www.dataq.com/194.htm ) and use their software & wire in the item like TPS, MAF, WB etc. that you need to see to tune with this is better than nothing.....

Its not really a money thing and i'll probably get it upgraded to the RT when i get the chance. I'll look into the dataq though. thanks
sinistercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #16
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Its not really a money thing and i'll probably get it upgraded to the RT when i get the chance. I'll look into the dataq though. thanks
You are welcome.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #17
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale McPeters

Seriously, if you were running a mild n/a 302 based combo (or nitrous'd) and had driveability issues then you could make guestimate changes based off your wideband on a base tweecer (idle, WOT timing, minor MAF transfer curves, etc)

-BUT-

with the significantly larger displacement, cam, good flowing heads, larger injectors, and turbo, you really need deep datalog capabilities with the wideband to make your combo efficient. Trust me, Dale had me diving off in tables I knew nothing about and/or realized the effect they played on driveability. We would not have been able to do this without several datalogging parameters in the R/T.

Load scaling will be your friend. Trust me!
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
Old 12-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #18
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Oh yeah. I haven't really heard of problems with the univers specifically but all aftermarket meters are hit or miss. That's we have tuneable software/hardware available to us
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy