StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Handhelds

Old 07-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
triggz

Send a message via ICQ to triggz Send a message via AIM to triggz Send a message via MSN to triggz
Predator revisions for 4.6l 2v, no more o2 control

I just updated my predator and realized that with the new version of the CROM they were "forced by the EPA" to remove the ability to turn off the EGR and rear O2 cat monitors because of CARB regulations. Even though the tune specifically states turning off O2s is for off-road vehicles only. Apparently, if you buy a custom tune from them they can turn them off though

So, I went to RWTD.com where I bought my predator from in 2004 when they came out so I could take advantage of my free unlimited lifetime tuning that was included, only to find they have revoked that option and its now $50 for 31 days of support and 3 tunes. New buys get 6months of free tunes.

WTF. How is this legal? How can they just say 'oh no you cant have what you bought anymore'

Is there any way to get their tuning software so I can fix this crap myself? I remember my friends SCT having an app so you could do your own tuning.

times
Stock rebuild 11/12/04 ....... 100shot 10/15/06
1/4: 14.08@99.32 ............. 1/4: 12.8@108
Horsepower for Charity dyno: 357rwhp/398rwtq sae
triggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz View Post
I just updated my predator and realized that with the new version of the CROM they were "forced by the EPA" to remove the ability to turn off the EGR and rear O2 cat monitors because of CARB regulations. Even though the tune specifically states turning off O2s is for off-road vehicles only. Apparently, if you buy a custom tune from them they can turn them off though

So, I went to RWTD.com where I bought my predator from in 2004 when they came out so I could take advantage of my free unlimited lifetime tuning that was included, only to find they have revoked that option and its now $50 for 31 days of support and 3 tunes. New buys get 6months of free tunes.

WTF. How is this legal? How can they just say 'oh no you cant have what you bought anymore'

Is there any way to get their tuning software so I can fix this crap myself? I remember my friends SCT having an app so you could do your own tuning.
Have you spoke with James over the phone to see if your tunes for life would be grandfathered in? Seems to me if you bought it from him during that time he should be able to see that you are the original owner and honor it
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote