StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
96GTS
Mine's bigger...

Send a message via AIM to 96GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
Well, a friend of mine that builds cars around here, came by the house, and guess what? The way the shocks were mounted on a 30* angle and the bracket were the coil overs are mounted, the suspension is binding and the shocks are bottoming out due to the angle they are mounted. So this weekend the rear suspension is going to be a complete solid upr and anti roll bar, and the shocks are going to be mounted with the cross bar in between the frames instead of through the floor pointing forward. The relocation is going to work better because now thew anti roll bar when it gets mounted it will function like it's suppose to and the shocks will be in the up right position.

Edgar
Well shit, thats why! The shocks should always be up down orientation. Even full tubbed 4 link cars have their shocks completely vertical (even if they are only 3 inches outside the 9" pumpkin)....
Old 09-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #12
onebad12

Edgar you should get up with Little Art in Kinsey. He has Mike Collins car up there and Ricky Presleys 69 Camaro. He does really good work and he is inexpensive also. I bet he could help straighten you out. Hope you get it worked out.

Shawn
onebad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #13
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad12 View Post
Edgar you should get up with Little Art in Kinsey. He has Mike Collins car up there and Ricky Presleys 69 Camaro. He does really good work and he is inexpensive also. I bet he could help straighten you out. Hope you get it worked out.

Shawn
Car is almost done, its at Jimmy Dickerson.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #14
onebad12

I will have to stop by Jimmys and check it out. I havent seen the car since you did all the work, but the pictures Ive saw it looks really good.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #15
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
I will have to stop by Jimmys and check it out. I havent seen the car since you did all the work, but the pictures Ive saw it looks really good.
Well it looks better now. The set up is correct, with the coil overs been at the right position and all the suspension solid.

Edgar
Old 09-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #16
onebad12

Edgar I went by Jimmys, car looks really good. I like the new control arms. Interior looks real good. Hey give me a call I lost your number. 790-0033
Old 09-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #17
Ponygirl
Pink Ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
You can not believe how good she is doing. The brace is off, last Friday, then they gave her some exercise to do without the brace, she went to the physical therapy yesterday and the Doc was in shock, she can bent the thumb all the way to the palm of the hand and can bent the wrist 85* and with assistance almost to 90*. She see the Surgeon next week and we are hoping he releases her, if he does she does not have to go to therapy only once a week, maybe. She starts to work next week. She is having straight A's at the college. Thanks for asking:

Edgar
That is great news! I'm glad she is doing well.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #18
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Edgar I went by Jimmys, car looks really good. I like the new control arms. Interior looks real good. Hey give me a call I lost your number. 790-0033
I just got back from Jimmy's. I'll be working on it tomorrow.

Edgar