StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management

Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #11
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
We some links here in the pushrod room but I just noticed that the original poster cleared out his post for some reason
Yea I noticed that as well thats why I was trying to find out if anyone knew a site I could go to. Thanks Steven
Old 11-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #12
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzoid1 View Post
my entire computer went out in my 91 model threw in a used one form the junk yard and she fired right up no idea what mad it go bad. never had a leak or anything spilt on it
Yep, I'm with Taylor on this one.

When the ECU goes out, a lot of time it gives no warning and just stops working all of a sudden. When mine went out last year, the coupe drove fine all the way to Mellow Mushroom. When we went to leave a few hours later, it just wouldn't start. Fuel pump primed, fuel pressure was normal, coil was good, MSD was working, etc. I finally got a used ECU from Lee and it fired right up.

What you are describing is exactly what I went through. I even made the same "no fuel smell" observation that you did. The bottom line is, the ECU get's taken out and is not telling the injectors to fire at all.

I would tens to rule out a broken wire because that would normally cause an erratic condition at first and usually gives some warning before it just stops working.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
coupe
Super Moderator

x2

The injector drivers are "onboard" the computer and most likely the problem. Autoparts stores have them and I think they are refurbs... so maybe they take the broken ones as cores?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
97cobrasvt
I got a good sugar moma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
Yep, I'm with Taylor on this one.

When the ECU goes out, a lot of time it gives no warning and just stops working all of a sudden. When mine went out last year, the coupe drove fine all the way to Mellow Mushroom. When we went to leave a few hours later, it just wouldn't start. Fuel pump primed, fuel pressure was normal, coil was good, MSD was working, etc. I finally got a used ECU from Lee and it fired right up.

What you are describing is exactly what I went through. I even made the same "no fuel smell" observation that you did. The bottom line is, the ECU get's taken out and is not telling the injectors to fire at all.

I would tens to rule out a broken wire because that would normally cause an erratic condition at first and usually gives some warning before it just stops working.

I was thinking that as well Brian, I sat down a few nights ago and pulled the harness out to check for broken wires and found none. I was to the point of just buying a new ecu or finding one to try. Thanks Guys