StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
Shorty
Pr0j3ct P1mp T1t3, y0!

electrical help needed (possible alarm issue)

try to make this short. been cleaning up the wiring under the dash and in stereo den so during this process i direct wired a 4way 12 volt adapter in. wiring is done as follows:
factory harness to aftermarket harness adapter
**aftermarket harness adapter feeds power for both radio (which isnt installed cause it dont work) and alarm system. 12 volt 4way is wired into factory harness side.

now everythimg was done and functioning properly thus i started wiring in a toggle to have the option of killing the 4way. during this the cat jumped in the car and caused one of the still bare wires to ground. changed out a couple of blown fuses but still have a major issue. the parking lights wont go off. i even removed the headlight switch, they still stayed on. the dome light doesnt work and the door chime doesnt either. from there i removed the brain for the alarm, checked voltage (still 12v at harness), started using a jumper wire to connect various points. in doing so the siren kicked on, touched another the dome and chime kicked on, another kicked relays for doors and so on. here is the question which the local shop that installed (idiots) couldnt answer satisfactory.

is it possible that since the lights are integrated with the alarm system that it may be causing a circuit to stay closed and keep the lights on. keeping in mind that the dome light nor chime are coming on with door open.

i know this is long but i dont know how to make it short and still include the info i felt needed. thanks for any help and i am open to all suggestions cause this one is strange.