StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
b-blown

can anybody tell me what block i have

here goes,I bought a short block from engine builder that was taken on trade for new motor it`s a347 stroker 4 bolt block,heres my question casting #D1ZE t-stat is in the intake & it has thread in frost plugs thanx in advance any help would be greatly appreciated
b-blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
Wickd GT
Friends

Re: can anybody tell me what block i have

This blcok that you have does it have 4 bolts in mains 2.3, and 4, and the 1# and # 5 have 2 bolts, if it does it is an R302 block, another way to see if you vae an R block is, to look at the block facing you, at the front it should have freezes plugs at the front of the block and in one side it will say SVO stamped on it. What did you pay for the block? Another way to see what block you have, look were the starter goes up there it will have stamped some numbers an a R at the begining of the next letter. Example D1---R302 Take a picture of it and posted with mains showing, hopefully this helps:

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
b-blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT
This blcok that you have does it have 4 bolts in mains 2.3, and 4, and the 1# and # 5 have 2 bolts, if it does it is an R302 block, another way to see if you vae an R block is, to look at the block facing you, at the front it should have freezes plugs at the front of the block and in one side it will say SVO stamped on it. What did you pay for the block? Another way to see what block you have, look were the starter goes up there it will have stamped some numbers an a R at the begining of the next letter. Example D1---R302 Take a picture of it and posted with mains showing, hopefully this helps:

Edgar
it does have 4 bolt caps on2,3,4 and 2 on 1&5 no freeze plugs on front of block full casting # is D1ZE-6015 ba ipayed 3600 canadian for the combo list reads as follows 4 bolt block,siamesebores?,eagle 347 rotating assy,canton girdle&pan only needed to be freshened up,quick hone new rings&bearings
Old 08-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
qkjuicedpony

1971 302 block!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
qkjuicedpony

and the 68-74 302 blocks were the strongest stock 302 blocks ever made...similar to the build of a mexican block
Old 08-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
b-blown

not trying to be rude but this is a 4 bolt main block and I am not aware of too many factory 4 bolt blocks that is why I am trying to figure out if it`s a"BOSS" block an "A4" or a"R302" thanx
Old 08-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #7
Wall96cobra
ooooo cake!!!

From what I find it is a 70 boss 302 "service block" although I'm not sure exactly what "service block" refers to. Hope that helps though.
Wall96cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #8
b-blown

thanx wall96cobra I believe "service" block refers to a factory replacement ie: over the counter parts oem
Old 08-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #9
Wall96cobra
ooooo cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-blown
thanx wall96cobra I believe "service" block refers to a factory replacement ie: over the counter parts oem

Cool, I was kinda thinking that's what they were talking about but wasn't too sure.
Wall96cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #10
b-blown

I just made a judgement call gonna keep na with my TFS"R" heads should run over 450HP and I`ll build another motor to be blown