StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #11
Wickd GT
Friends

Re: can anybody tell me what block i have

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-blown
I just made a judgement call gonna keep na with my TFS"R" heads should run over 450HP and I`ll build another motor to be blown
If it has the freeze plugs threded in at the side of the block, yes it is a Boss 302, you can put a blower on it, this block is pretty strong, machine right it will last.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #12
b-blown

thanx edgar
b-blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #13
coupe
Super Moderator

The Boss 302 was made in '69 and '70. The "service-replacement" was available in '70 and '71. You do indeed have a Boss-302 block. I would recommend you sell it to a person restoring a Boss. It is still a correct engine for the cars & I'm sure someone looking for one would give you enough change for you to find another decent 4-bolt block; say an A4, R302, or maybe Dart. Do it for the hobby.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #14
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe
The Boss 302 was made in '69 and '70. The "service-replacement" was available in '70 and '71. You do indeed have a Boss-302 block. I would recommend you sell it to a person restoring a Boss. It is still a correct engine for the cars & I'm sure someone looking for one would give you enough change for you to find another decent 4-bolt block; say an A4, R302, or maybe Dart. Do it for the hobby.
I agree.
Someone restoring a Boss 302 would pay premium cash for this. You may need to sit on it for a little while, or advertise it in selected groups, but I sure you can get big bucks for it.

Just remember that Boss 302's at Barret-Jackson this past spring were hitting into the $70's. A correct engine block (even a replacement block) will sure to bring big money compare to the cost of a new R302.
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #15
b-blown

thanks guys the motor is pretty decent so I probably will list it but still run it in my new toy "85 clean four eye"still will have decent motor without killing it my maintenance schedule is religious as well as expensive ,rings, bearings etc
Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #16
coupe
Super Moderator

Seriously...I bet you can get cash for a much better setup by just advertising in the right circles. Craig has some connections probably that might find a buyer. So does SLVRBULLIT: His friend has an original Shelby and attends alot of shows with mustangs. Don't risk grenading it or having something happen. It's not as easy to find for the collector.

If you need pricing on an R-block or Dart block to replace it; I can get you that. I have a friend @ Roush Industries who has 5 R's and 5 Darts in the shop...I can get them at discount.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 AM   #17
b-blown

well, craig if you could inquire if somebody wants to buy it that`d be great , and coupe just might take you up on that we`ll see how things go once feelers come back thanx brian