PDA

View Full Version : t-5 conversion ?'s

dylan020
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
what all is needed for the swap besides the obvious of a t-5 and pedal assembly?? ;) need to go ahead and start trying to track some of these parts down unless y'all know of anybody that rebuilds/sells/ whatever

QWKSNKE
07-21-2005, 12:04 PM
bellhousing, shifter, flywheel, pedals, possibly a computer, clutch.

Can't remember if the crossmember works or not

dylan020
07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
yah ive heard the computer had to be swapped....any little items like forks or whatever :shrug:

Craig K.
07-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I have a bell housing for a Fox that I am trying to sell.

What year is it for? I think I had read something that the 94/95 was slightly longer on the input shaft, and the bell housing was different :shrug: not sure though.

dylan020
07-21-2005, 12:29 PM
its for a 95...

Italian LX
07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
bellhousing, shifter, flywheel, pedals, possibly a computer, clutch.
Don't forget the block plate, shift fork, throw-out bearing, and exhaust hanger. :yup:

Can't remember if the crossmember works or not
I was able to reuse mine.

QWKSNKE
07-21-2005, 12:33 PM
I was able to reuse mine.

yeah I know you can on a fox but I am thinking you cannot on a sn95

streetstang88
07-21-2005, 03:01 PM
no need for ecm ...your auto ecm will work w/ slightly higher idle

94five0
07-21-2005, 08:09 PM
cross member is the same.. if yer in a pinch, a fox t-5 can werk. it jus sits a lil further in the trannie tunnel.. not sure if the blocking plate is the same or not, but the input shaft is the same i think...

greg for the money, the rewards are worth the down time/sacrifice IMO.. i can't tell ya how much fun it is to drive mine w/ a stick.. better gas milage, more fun. no comparrison. 'cept maybe to the specs of a race built lentech or somthing..

Italian LX
07-21-2005, 08:31 PM
.. if yer in a pinch, a fox t-5 can werk. it jus sits a lil further in the trannie tunnel.. not sure if the blocking plate is the same or not, but the input shaft is the same i think...
:shake:

The bell housing is deeper and the input shaft is longer. This allows the shifter to be positioned further back. I assume this would cause clearance issues with the center console if you tried using a Fox t-5 and bell housing.

The T-5 block plate should be the same.

dylan020
07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
greg for the money, the rewards are worth the down time/sacrifice IMO.. i can't tell ya how much fun it is to drive mine w/ a stick.. better gas milage, more fun. no comparrison. 'cept maybe to the specs of a race built lentech or somthing..

yah thats pretty much the whole reason im going with this instead of new wheels or something. I'm finally getting my car back to one color :jester: so i want a 5spd extremely bad....just need to get all the necessary parts and somebody thats not gonna rape me on install

Disney Lincoln
07-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I would get all the right SN95 parts. Fox parts dont fit well.

Also, I would probably rather haev a loose 3000-3500 converter and shift kit than a 5 speed. They can be about as much fun. I enjoy tthe heck out of a loose converter.

Shankin
07-24-2005, 06:05 AM
You may want to look into a tremec 3550. I highly recomend the change over to stick. it makes driving way more fun!

JTowe85
07-24-2005, 01:17 PM
You need a Bellhousing, tranny and clutch, clutch fork, flywheel, dust sheild for the Sn95. Also you have to change tranny wireharness. You will need the ECU for the 5 speed if you dont it will run like crap and and miss and backfire. you need the pedal assembly. might want to go ahead and get a adj. quadrent while your doing the swap. Youll need a cable. you will also need a drive shaft for the 5 speed the auto drive shaft is longer do to a damper piece on it. It will fit but it has no room to move so if you use it your risking a chance of breaking your rear transmission seal. You can reuse the crossmember. You will need the consle piece and boot ans a shifter. You might want to buy a new shifter too. Also youll have to cut the meal of the floor buy the shifter so it will fit. If you have any questions just let me know.

JTowe85
07-24-2005, 01:21 PM
And you cant use the imput shaft if it is for a Fox like brian said the fox imput shaft is shorter than the sn95.

One_live95
07-24-2005, 04:39 PM
to use the fox bell housing and t-5 you'd need

5/8th's driveshaft spacer
fox clutch fork
fox bell
t-5 with reg fox imput shaft.....

I fyou wanted to use a fox tranny, just swap the input shaft and use it with all the original sn95 parts...

Dylan... i have a crossmember, a block plate, a used clutch you could HAVE... surface rust...

jason