PDA

View Full Version : 04 Cobra Coupe Springs Installed

Wicked
01-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, I was wondering why I didn't get any replies over on the BM.

Anyway, installed my FREE '04 Cobra Coupe springs today, I wasn't sure if they would give me any drop or not. If I'm not happy with the level of drop I will go back and cut them.

These springs are 600 lbs/in Front and Rear versus the 500/470 for the 01 Cobras(Coupe and Vert) and 03/04 Cobra Vert.

Results:
Left Front: Before 27.5, After 27.125, .375"
Right Front: Before 27.5625, After 27.0, .5625"
Left Rear: Before 28.125, After 27.375, .75"
Right Rear: Before 28.5, After 27.875, .5"

For some reason the right rear of my car is higher, I figure its the steering column, power driver seat, etc weight on the driver side.

Do you guys think I should stay or try to cut them?
First looks make me like it, maybe it will sag a little over the next few weeks.

First two pics are before, second two are after.

Oh yeah, handles much better too.

Scothew
01-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Make sure you have teh right and left side rear springs turned the same way, so that way the spring will have an even ride height.

banditmwp
01-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I think it looks good as it sits, no cutting necessary. :nice:

Wicked
01-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Make sure you have teh right and left side rear springs turned the same way, so that way the spring will have an even ride height.

I put 'em back in the same way they came out. Also the springs are coiled the same direction so you can't put them in the exact same way(mirror image) on both sides necessarily. I did think about repositioning them though.

Italian LX
01-08-2005, 08:32 PM
I put 'em back in the same way they came out. Also the springs are coiled the same direction so you can't put them in the exact same way(mirror image) on both sides necessarily. I did think about repositioning them though.
I'm not sure if this applies to an IRS car, but on a live axle car, the coil tips of the rear springs should be facing the same way; the lower coil end of the rear springs should both be pointing towards the driver's side of the car.

Front springs have two holes on the control arm; one sould be covered by the end of the spring while the other should be visible.

Wicked
01-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if this applies to an IRS car, but on a live axle car, the coil tips of the rear springs should be facing the same way; the lower coil end of the rear springs should both be pointing towards the driver's side of the car.

Front springs have two holes on the control arm; one sould be covered by the end of the spring while the other should be visible.

The springs are facing the same way on both front and rear.

Italian LX
01-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Well, I was wondering why I didn't get any replies over on the BM.
Actually, Lee and I still roam around on the BM board and would've answered your question; however, we were both in ATL all day today... sorry.

Craig K.
01-08-2005, 09:39 PM
I would defiantly put some miles on them before you make the decission to cut them

Hows the handeling, ride should be a little stiffer

asilver2001gt
01-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Actually, Lee and I still roam around on the BM board and would've answered your question; however, we were both in ATL all day today... sorry.

off topic: did johnathan get his car tuned?

Wicked
01-09-2005, 10:00 AM
off topic: did johnathan get his car tuned?

I was wondering the same thing.

Craig, yeah the ride seems a lot more controlled. I only drove it for a few minutes last night but could tell a huge difference. Even when just wiggling the steering wheel back and forth the body seemed to go where I was pointing it rathering than swayying around like a huge caddy.

hevymtl
01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
cut um. :nice:

Sendero
01-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I would defiantly put some miles on them before you make the decission to cut them

:werd: You need to put the suspension through some cycles to make sure it settles.