PDA

View Full Version : THE beginning

CrimsonRacing
10-07-2005, 05:45 PM
As we all know very well........ new projects need a starting point.......

Mine began tonite.........Thanks Dylan......... :chug:

One mod down........MANY more to go............

:metal:

QWKSNKE
10-07-2005, 09:28 PM
:nice:

Shorty
10-07-2005, 09:48 PM

coupe
10-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Congrats Richard. :chug:

Italian LX
10-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Definitely a good start -- stock intakes suck. Now all you need is a good cam and heads to go with it. :D

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 02:58 AM
:nice: Richard !!

Craig K.
10-08-2005, 07:00 AM
keep us posted Richard.

Have you and your engine bulder made any final plans?

CrimsonRacing
10-08-2005, 09:00 AM
keep us posted Richard.

Have you and your engine bulder made any final plans?

Well Craig...........I had planned on going with the Thumper heads,but the general thought here was I would not get the 300HP I wanted,so I am gonna try to purchase the Trick Flow heads Tommy has.He is selling them for someone else and I don't know how long they can be held,but that is the direction I feel would make the best chance of 300.

Other than the heads,will be the Typhoon,MSD,new Headers and Prochamber,3;73's,E-303 and other Misc. stuff........UCA and LCA's etc....

Just got the intake last nite and there is a very long way to go.Paul and I still have to sit down and make the final arrangements,but I am still planning to have everything finished by FFW in April.

I am NOT gonna rush this and drain all my money at one time.Acquire parts along the way,transport them to SVP and Jason will take it from there.When it is built,I'll take the '94 up and Jason should turn the car around in 2 days according to his estimates.

Gave alot of thought to DSS and a couple of other manufacturers but decided this way would be my most financial feasible direction to go.

CrimsonRacing
12-18-2005, 03:03 PM
OK..........have been doing alot of thinking about the new motor and got some questions to ask........

Cam.........if I get the Trick Flow heads from Tommy......what kinda cam should I use.......Please keep in mind that this engine will be around 300HP and will only see Lassiter Mountain for a few passes,to Blake for tuning and then to FFW for T\S and then the track time ends......I just want more bang under the hood and continue as a daily driver.

Tranny is gonna work just fine and 3:73's will go in as well.

Now........given my mark is 300HP.......is there ALOT of need for me to upgrade the suspension and if so,which direction should I go.Launch or Handling?(not sure how old my UCA and LCA's are.)

I have been offered a VERY good deal on a NOS system with only about 5 shots thru it.Would I be hurting anything by installing it just for FFW and removing when I return home?

Any input and other mod suggestions are always welcomed.......

The Rock 326
12-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Good deal Richard!:metal:

Craig K.
12-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Does your car have aftermarket UCA's and LCA's?
If not, I would look at replacing those. There is alot of choices, but I think for the most part there are only a couple which are geared only yo handeling (MM's or Griggs) or launching (HPM Mega Bites).

The biggest thing which dictates your suspension is springs and shock/struts.
If you go with an adjustable (such as Strange) set up you could have a decent launcher and ok street mannors.

Are you planning on running a DR at FFW?

With only limited drag racing I would not go to a strip only set-up, (IE 90/10's and 50/50's with drag specific springs).

Also concerning the NOS, are you planning on spraying your car as is now, or after a engine rebuild? If after a rebuild, if you have forged pistons it shouldn't be a big deal, as long as you have upgraded the injectors and fuel pump (which you'll have to to get 300rwhp)

QWKSNKE
12-19-2005, 04:22 AM
I would go ahead and use the trickflow stage 1 cam with those heads you mentioned getting.

On the suspension, Italian has shown that the Factory 5 upper and lower control arms work very well in the handling AND drag racing department, so I recomend those as well. Get some good adjustable struts/shocks and you have a nice "all around" car

CrimsonRacing
03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
and now another installment of the Hippie Project.......

Picked these up yesterday........been sanding,priming,sanding and painting all day.....

I think they turned out pretty damn good.......

Thanks to Tommy for hanging onto these for so long...........:chug:

mustang1549
03-06-2006, 03:48 PM
looks good richard. cleaned up nice.

Scothew
03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Nice, that car is coming along well!

hevymtl
03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
:chug: they look new again!

CrimsonRacing
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Nice, that car is coming along well!

qkjuicedpony and I have a fairly good working list now for the car.......

B-303
set of shaved '95 heads
Typhoon Intake
Headers and Pro Chamber
Msd 6AL
3:73's
1.6 rollers
65MM TB
MAC CAI
FPR
Water Pump
Timing gear and gasket

maybe even a new set of UCA's and LCA's.......

we'll see what happens with this stuff............

QWKSNKE
03-06-2006, 04:04 PM

Is it going to make a debut in True Street this year :banana:

Ponygirl
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM

CrimsonRacing
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM

Is it going to make a debut in True Street this year :banana:

Lee....actually the Jury is still out on that one.Brian is recovering from some pretty bad burns on his arm,and I am not sure if he will be in shape to tackle all that in a one day job..........

Most important is that he recover from the injury...........If necessary,things will be put on hold until after FFW,when he is feeling better........

I think he has most everything on the list with the exception of parts I am supplying.............I'd like to have the car ready,but I am NOT gonna push him to compromise healing for a bunch of Mods........

QWKSNKE
03-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Burns?!!

What did he do?

CrimsonRacing
03-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I got a pm from him Lee....Just letting me know he had been injured..........He didn't tell me what happened........

I figured something might have happened at the shop.

CrimsonRacing
03-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Minor addition to the '94 today...........:banana:

before
one and one
after

Me likey..................:jester:

NightHawk756
03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Minor addition to the '94 today...........:banana:

before
one and one
after

Me likey..................:jester:

qkjuicedpony
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
looks like it may be done after fun ford...btu the car should still be brought.

as for me i suffered two burns to my arms and am just getting recovered from them.....and my arms have been hurting like hell.

Ponygirl
03-11-2006, 08:24 PM
looks like it may be done after fun ford...btu the car should still be brought.

as for me i suffered two burns to my arms and am just getting recovered from them.....and my arms have been hurting like hell.
Dang! How did you burn them? Sounds like a bad burn.

qkjuicedpony
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Dang! How did you burn them? Sounds like a bad burn.
welding some things up and had some stuff go bad......hasnt been a good two-three weeks for me.....too much crap going on....makes me wanna dive off a bridge with a concrete bottom

CrimsonRacing
03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
welding some things up and had some stuff go bad......hasnt been a good two-three weeks for me.....too much crap going on....makes me wanna dive off a bridge with a concrete bottom

Go ahead and dive off....I'll be down there draggin' yer ass back up into that shop my Brother..........:jester: