PDA

View Full Version : input on tuners

97cobrasvt
12-06-2005, 06:12 AM
I'm looking for a programmer for my 97 cobra. I know the predator is for 99 and up but what is a good one for my model

hevymtl
12-06-2005, 06:41 AM
SCT?:dunno:

Scothew might could help you with this.

EZ SPEED
12-06-2005, 06:48 AM
SCT or Predator, I have both, but I am more fond of SCT ;)

Scothew
12-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Defintely the SCT. Doug904 of Bamachips.com put a SCT chip in my car and it picked up quite a bit over the entire powerband. Even cruising around, the driveability of the car became so much better.

Edit: I also noticed you wanting to buy a bottle heater, so I assume you are going to spray it. I would definitely go with a 4 bank chip like I had. That way you could have 1-2 n/a tunes and 1-2 nitrous tunes. I had it setup that way and it worked great, as you didnt have to stop and flash the ecu anytime you wanted to spray.

Here is a graph showing the before and after. Red is stock tune, blue is the SCT.

http://www.scothew.com/tuning/scothew/sct_before_after.jpg

rtusnake
12-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I use sct in my car to

TheJeanyus
12-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm getting a Predator soon. I think the person tuning the car is more important than the tuning platform they use.

hevymtl
12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm getting a Predator soon. I think the person tuning the car is more important than the tuning platform they use.

I really like my Predator.Is James doing your tune? (RWTD)

Scothew
12-06-2005, 02:21 PM

I will agree with that 100% as well. But on the flip side, there are some things that some tuners can't change. I dont know specifics, but I know there are various levels within the SCT software, and SCT will not unlock them to you as a tuner before you have taken and excelled in their instructional classes. Doug has been to their advance classes and now has full capabilities of the SCT software. I believe the reasoning for this is to make sure you know what you are doing before you get in there and screw something up and really screw a customers car up.

TheJeanyus
12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
I really like my Predator.Is James doing your tune? (RWTD)
Not right now. When I port the blower, I'll get him to tune it.

Italian LX
12-06-2005, 02:52 PM
I really like my Predator.
I guess you're opinion has changed drasticly from when you first had it. ;)

QWKSNKE
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM

I agree. One of the downfalls for the end user of the predator is that you cannot change timing or fuel tables based off certain rpms. You can only move the tables +/- 10% through the whole rpm curve. That part sucks for the DIY tuner.

The pro on the predator is that if you buy it from somebody such as RWTD they will give you free tunes (or at least it used to be that way) and I assume they are able to change things deeper in the tune that the end user cannot.

hevymtl
12-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I guess you're opinion has changed drasticly from when you first had it. ;)

:werd:

TheJeanyus
12-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I agree. One of the downfalls for the end user of the predator is that you cannot change timing or fuel tables based off certain rpms. You can only move the tables +/- 10% through the whole rpm curve. That part sucks for the DIY tuner.

The pro on the predator is that if you buy it from somebody such as RWTD they will give you free tunes (or at least it used to be that way) and I assume they are able to change things deeper in the tune that the end user cannot.
The RPM band is divided into 2 parts - below 4,000 and above 4,000. You can adjust each independently of the other (atleast that is my understanding)

QWKSNKE
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM
The RPM band is divided into 2 parts - below 4,000 and above 4,000. You can adjust each independently of the other (atleast that is my understanding)

they might have changed. I may have misunderstood when KB explained it to me back when he had his.

moved to the EEC room

97cobrasvt
12-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Hey I thank ya for your insight. I was e-mailed by a guy with a JLP Revolutions chip 2 bank programmer . What do you think of this set up. Owe ya HE SAID IT WAS RE-PROGRAMMABLE