PDA

View Full Version : Bypass valve question...

DSkeet
03-25-2006, 06:13 PM
I am pretty much done with my install on the D1SC. I think I am doing the correct thing here but want to know for sure. OK, I'll explain it the easiest I can: On the Procharger diagram it shows a hose coming from the pipe coming off the blower and the hose circulates back up to the power pipe. The bypass valve is shown inline on that hose. Well whoever had my kit before me had the bypass valve mounted directly on the pipe coming off the blower. So in theory, now since it isn't mounted inline on the hose I don't have to circulate right? And since I do have a blow thru system I can vent to the atmosphere right? I just wanted to make sure of this! After writing this someone else had told me that I have to have a tube coming off the bypass to vacuum so it will open the butterfly on the bypass valve to let the bypass valve open and not have the compressor surge.

BTW Brian: I know we spoke earlier about this but I have been getting different answers from different people that's why I decided to post this up to ask!
Thanks for any help!

David

Wall96cobra
03-25-2006, 06:21 PM
If the bypass valve is before the maf then you can vent it to atmosphere. You do need to run a vacuum line directly from your intake manifold to the bypass valve vacuum port (if it has 2 ports on it hook the the top one).

Italian LX
03-25-2006, 07:03 PM
You have to remember that you don't have a bypass valve -- that is a blow-off valve, and not capable of recirculation.

All you should need to hook up is the vacuum line as Jonathan pointed out.