StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
kennym

89 project

I am a newbie on here and glad I found yall,I am building a coupe car thats a bracket2 1/8th mile car.I race now in street class in bracket3 in Mobile, Al.(I live in moss point,ms).
The car will have a Ho 302 all stock but, a few things-I have a E-Cam,Rpm heads,scorpion roller rockers,Air Gap intake,Mac long tube headers,650 double pumper,holley black pump,c-4 tranny with a 3000 stall and shift kit.It has a 3.55 gear now but,will have a 4.56 gear.I have a set of 8 in weld wheels that have 28x10.5 slicks.
The chassis is and I hope I get some of this right,tubular K-member,south side bars,anti roll kit,frame tied together,comp adjustable shocks,moroso front springs,manual brake unit.
The car is set up on blocks and looks rough right now but,Hope to have it ready for next year.I will post pics this week.I am glad I found yall.ps-the info helped out on adjusting my roller rockers on here,thank you.kenny
kennym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
qkjuicedpony
Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

sounds like a neat project.welcome

07 F350 dooly.....Tows my fifth wheel
qkjuicedpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
89five0Gt

89five0Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
myillwillinc

welcome

PowderCoating and Anodizing: http://www.illwillinc.com/
myillwillinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
kennym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennym View Post
I am a newbie on here and glad I found yall,I am building a coupe car thats a bracket2 1/8th mile car.I race now in street class in bracket3 in Mobile, Al.(I live in moss point,ms).
The car will have a Ho 302 all stock but, a few things-I have a E-Cam,Rpm heads,scorpion roller rockers,Air Gap intake,Mac long tube headers,650 double pumper,holley black pump,c-4 tranny with a 3000 stall and shift kit.It has a 3.55 gear now but,will have a 4.56 gear.I have a set of 8 in weld wheels that have 28x10.5 slicks.
The chassis is and I hope I get some of this right,tubular K-member,south side bars,anti roll kit,frame tied together,comp adjustable shocks,moroso front springs,manual brake unit.
The car is set up on blocks and looks rough right now but,Hope to have it ready for next year.I will post pics this week.I am glad I found yall.ps-the info helped out on adjusting my roller rockers on here,thank you.kenny
Thank yall for having me,I will update on pics for sure.kenny
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #6
blue90lx

welcome. sounds like a good project!
1990 lx 302 w/trickflow intake, b-303 cam, tremec 3550 ,spec stage 3 clutch, crane 1.7 rockers, under drive pulleys, bbk full length headers, and x-pipe,3:73 gear. AND.......

blue90lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
qkjuicedpony
Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

What is this Bracket Racing you speak of???

I thought a Bracket was what held your alternator on

07 F350 dooly.....Tows my fifth wheel
qkjuicedpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
coupe
Super Moderator

@ qkjuiced...

Old 02-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
kennym

I like that one but,I dont have a alternator(LOL),At mobile Dragway we run Bracket races that are basically some people call budget race.You pretty much just try and run on you time you dial in and hope you can cut a good light.Bracket 1 is for the fast guys and electronics,Bracket 2 is for us foot brakers and no electronics and bracket 3 is for street class.I kinda like it but,I would like sometime just would like to try heads up only.We will be trying a foot brake class once a month that will be on a pro tree.the guys are already into the 00 lights.I wonder if there is a box some where on them(LOL).thank kenny
Old 02-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennym View Post
I like that one but,I dont have a alternator(LOL),At mobile Dragway we run Bracket races that are basically some people call budget race.You pretty much just try and run on you time you dial in and hope you can cut a good light.Bracket 1 is for the fast guys and electronics,Bracket 2 is for us foot brakers and no electronics and bracket 3 is for street class.I kinda like it but,I would like sometime just would like to try heads up only.We will be trying a foot brake class once a month that will be on a pro tree.the guys are already into the 00 lights.I wonder if there is a box some where on them(LOL).thank kenny
he was just with you.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote